Fox DVD ships with iTunes-compatible digital file
An iTunes user has found evidence of an iTunes-compatible digital file on a Fox DVD slated for release on Jan. 15, the day of Apple CEO Steve Jobs’ upcoming keynote address. According to pictures from a Mac with the Family Guy (Blue Harvest) DVD loaded, the disc contains a “Fox Digital Copy” file that “requires iTunes version 7.6 or newer.” iTunes 7.5 is the current version, which suggests that Apple plans to announce iTunes 7.6 on or before January 15. The DVD package itself says to “Visit www.foxdigitalcopy.com for more information,” but the site currently only contains information on PlaysForSure digital files, which Fox has been including on select DVD releases for some time; however, it does provide further support that a serial number will be required to access the digital file. In early December, it was reported that Apple and Fox were working on a movie deal, which would include both sales of the studio’s films on iTunes, as well as plans to offer iTunes-compatible digital copies of the films on DVD releases.
- Apple vying for artist exclusives for streaming music service; family plan?
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1.2 with OS X Photos app support
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple struggling to drop price of upcoming streaming music service
- Revamped Apple music service not coming until WWDC; new Apple TV later this year?
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1.1 update for Windows
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?