Free iTunes 4.5 troubleshooting guide released | iLounge News

Free iTunes 4.5 troubleshooting guide released

Blogger, François Joseph de Kermade has published a free troubleshooting guide (PDF) for iTunes 4.5. “I have published a first-aid troubleshooting guide that should answer most of the questions you ask yourselves after the update.”

« Forbes suggests new features For iTunes

Hi-Fi iPod audio website launches »

Comments

EVERY TIME I PLACE MY IPOD IN THE DOCK TO GET MUISC FROM I TUNES, THE COMPUTER TELLS ME I MUST RESTART .SO I DID IT AND IT CAME BACK WITH THE SAME MESSAGE TO RESTART THE COMPUTER. (NOTE) I HAVE A MAC G-4.

Posted by BRIAN LAWRENCE on June 28, 2005 at 5:37 AM (PDT)

My Ipod wont come on, or rarely does, all that happens is that the apple logo appears and then a picture of a folder with an exclamation mark, after this it just dissapears. I have tried resetting it a few times, sometimes this works but not always, can you help?

Posted by Matthew Lissett on July 3, 2005 at 5:51 PM (PDT)

My iPod wont turn on… I hooked it up to my computer and then the charging sign came on but it froze. then i unplugged it and it went off and i tried plugging it back in and it wont do n e thing and ive tried pressing the buttons but nothing appears, can you help?

Posted by Jenn on July 29, 2005 at 11:35 PM (PDT)

my ipod froze in the middle of a song. it hasn’t responded to any commands since. i reset the ipod, but it will not come back on. this has never happen before, and i am completely ambigous on what i should do next. any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

albert

Posted by albert on September 15, 2005 at 10:39 PM (PDT)

I JUST GOT MY IPOD NANO AND I WAS NEVER ABLE TO GET ITUNES TO INITIALIZE. IT EITHER SAYS, “INSTALLATION FAILED, ERROR CODE -3,” OR ITUNES.EXE HAS GENERATED AN ERROR AND WILL BE SHUT DOWN BY WINDOWS.” RESTARTING MY PC DOESN’T WORK NEITHER DOES REINSTALLING THE PROGRAM.

Posted by Xechita Jackson on November 5, 2005 at 9:35 PM (PDT)

I have several cd’s which will not load on to i-tunes.most are from the jazz genre. when i click “import”, i-tunes gets stuck on the first song and the computer freezes up. would welcome any info on this problem.hm

Posted by hmoosa on March 17, 2006 at 5:25 PM (PDT)

I have recently bought a nano, but am finding my laptop completely turns off when I try to import any of my music cd’s using i-tunes.
Apple help have been unable to identify the problem, has anyone else experienced this?  What should I do?

Posted by Jackie Hewitt on July 13, 2006 at 10:55 AM (PDT)

MH4OA68A (itunes) + (ipod mini)??

Could not get bus type for CD, 50. Problem with installation of drive in Windows.
, Bus Address [0,0]

(Diagnostics) “ipod mini” + “itunes”

ipod Connection Staus Failed. ipod stuck/frozen. Apple Icon on screen. I tried to recharge it lastnight, seemed like that worked. But this morning I tried agian still did not work and the ipod would not show on My Computer or itunes. I just installed itunes 7.0 on My computer. Also I had just bought a new ipod Video 60GB with the new (itunes player) software on the inside of the box.

Posted by Unknow on September 28, 2006 at 2:03 PM (PDT)

Can someone tell Me what is going on with My iPod Mini? I need some answers? I tried to recharge it, it felt warm. The iPod is making weird clicking sounds. Plus the apple icon is still flashing on and off.

Posted by Unknow on September 28, 2006 at 2:09 PM (PDT)

I was trying to move music fron itunes to my 30GB ipod and an explantion mark appeared next to check box by the song. How do I get remove the mark so I try to transfer it again THXS

Posted by inflag on May 16, 2007 at 3:47 PM (PDT)

hi
i got a ipod nano for christmas and it just flashes the apple logo and the switches off. i cant get it to restart or show on my computer…help!

Posted by Kate on December 29, 2007 at 3:25 PM (PDT)

just bought nano classic ipod when turned on language is in spanish how do you get it to english

Posted by donald on February 28, 2008 at 2:24 PM (PDT)

I just changed the battery in my Ipod, thinking I was fixing a problem.  Now the Ipod won’t get out of the language selection menu.  In fact, now I can’t even turn it off - all buttons have no affect on the Ipod and it will run the battery dead from being on and taking power.  I’ve rebuilt the drive (formatted, restored, resync’ed.  Still no difference.  Any ideas how I can fix?

Posted by Gary on March 31, 2008 at 2:42 AM (PDT)

got new nano, turned it on….in SPANISH….dials don’t seem to change a thing! help….I’m NOT savy.

Posted by chris on January 10, 2010 at 3:58 PM (PDT)

I got a classic ipod online, but when i got it the format was in mac and i have a pc so i need to switch it over and reformat it, but my friend who was trying to do that for me is having much difficulty. Please help!!

Posted by M Visser on July 17, 2010 at 4:27 PM (PDT)