French group threatens Apple to pay royalties on iPod
“A French association representing recorded music rights holders threatened Wednesday to take Apple Computer Inc. to court in a dispute over lost music royalties.
The argument centers on a fee levied in France on sales of blank CDs, tapes, hard disks, and other hardware that can be used to copy music. The proceeds go to musicians and other rights holders who lose money to piracy.
The Society of Music Creators, Composers and Publishers, or Sacem, accuses Apple of consistently refusing to pay the levy on sales of its iPod music player, which contains a hard disk drive.”
- iOS 8 beta 3 released to developers
- Apple releases iOS 7.1.2
- Apple’s new 16GB iPod touch update: unboxing and impressions
- Apple intros new 16GB iPod touch, cuts prices on 32/64GB models
- Apple releases iOS 8 beta 2, Apple TV beta software to developers
- Unicode Standard update adds new characters, 250 new emoji
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Beyond Gravity
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, July giveaway reminder
- Report: iPhone 6 A8 chip to reach 2GHz range
- Apple joins SupplierPay program to pay small suppliers faster
- China calls iPhone tracking a ‘national security concern’
- Apps of the Week: Capo touch, Dino Dog, Minecraft 0.9 + more
- iTunes 11.3 brings HD Extras to Mac; iTunes Extras comes to Apple TV (Update)
- iPhone 6 to feature haptic feedback?
- WSJ: TSMC shipping microprocessors to Apple
- iPhone 6 part leaks point to possible color variations
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- JBL Synchros E40BT On-Ear Headphones
- JBL Synchros E30 On-Ear Headphones
- Dog & Bone Backbone Wireless Charging Case + Pad, Battery for iPhone 5/5s
- Hisy Hisy Wireless Smartphone Camera Remote
- Kensington KeyFolio Thin X3 for iPad Air
- Braven BRV-BANK Smart Rugged Portable Power Bank
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads