Frotz adds UI improvements, note-taking feature
Craig Smith has released an update to Frotz, his text adventure game interpreter for iOS devices. Frotz allows users to play classic text adventure games on their iPhone, iPod touch and iPad including such titles as the Zork Trilogy, Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy and Trinity as well as new text adventure games developed by interactive fiction writers and fans. Frotz supports any titles written in Infocom’s Z-Machine format, providing access to a wealth of downloadable content. Frotz 1.5 adds several UI improvements, particularly for the iPad, and now allows users to access a note-taking area for any story so that they can make notes from directly within the app. The new version also adds Dropbox support to allow users to synchronize saved games for playing on multiple devices and also includes authors, descriptions and artwork for its built-in stories, more bundled games from the Interactive Fiction Database (IFDB), and the ability to bookmark pages in the story browser and keep track of recently played stories. Frotz is a universal app and is available from the App Store as a free download.
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- After School app returns to App Store with new safety features
- Report: Apple acquisition used for App Store ‘Explore’ tab
- Apple Maps adds Booking.com and Trip Advisor reviews
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?