Game developers release Halloween editions of popular titles
As Halloween approaches, several game developers have released Halloween-themed editions of popular iPhone and iPad game titles. Rovio Mobile has released special editions of its popular Angry Birds game, Angry Birds Halloween ($1) for the iPhone and iPod touch and Angry Birds Halloween HD ($2) for the iPad. Both versions add new levels with Halloween-themed objects such as spooky backgrounds and pumpkins to smash, and are purchased separately special editions of Angry Birds.
Lima Sky has updated the existing version of Doodle Jump ($1), adding a haunted Halloween theme as a free update for current users. Players can turn Doodle into a scary Doodlestein monster that must dodge zombies, vampires, witches and other creepy creatures. This latest version of Doodle Jump is a free update for current users.
Eyedip has released revamped Halloween versions of several of its popular applications, transforming them entirely rather than merely adding an additional theme. Flight Doodle ($1) and Flight Doodle HD ($3) sport an entirely new Halloween look with darker menus and orange and black falling tacks, ghouls, ghosts and zombies as enemies. Cargo planes have been replaced with a friendly witch to deliver tricks and treats as power-ups and numerous other Halloween themed objects and backgrounds have been added. Eyedip has also released the latest chapter in Pocket Devil ($1) and Pocket Devil HD ($3), dressing up the characters and sending them out for All Hallow’s Eve with a new mini-game, a pumpkin head editor, Halloween brain feast and new spooky scenery. All four games are available as free updates for current users.
- Apple updates Pages, Numbers, Keynote for iCloud Drive
- Apps of the Week: Autodesk SketchBook, TeleStory, Reckless Racing 3 + more
- Adobe introduces suite of Creative Cloud mobile apps
- Apps of the Week: Post-it Plus, WW2: Sandbox, Fruit Ninja 2.0 + more
- Apps of the Week: OmniFocus 2 for iPad, Transmit, Asphalt Overdrive + more
- Apps of the Week: Epic Zen Garden, OmniFocus, Evernote, Pocket + more
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iPad mini 3 unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- iPad Air 2 Control Center features separate mute and rotation buttons
- GT Advanced announces settlement with Apple
- iPad Air 2 ships with 10W power adapter
- Olloclip debuts 4-in-1 Photo Lens for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus
- iFixit posts iPad Air 2 teardown
- Apple Pay Bank of America customers experiencing double-charges
- iPad Air 2 unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- Apple’s new Maps Connect lets businesses manage listings, request iBeacon indoor mapping
- Apple reportedly begins in-store sales of iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Just Mobile Xtand Go Z1
- PowerSkin Pop’n 2 for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- APC M5BK + M10BK 5000/10000mAh Mobile Power Packs
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini
- IK Multimedia iRig Pads MIDI Groove Controller
- Hex Icon Wallet and Solo Wallet for iPhone 6
- SwitchEasy 0.35, LifePocket + Numbers for iPhone 6
- GE Link Connected LED Bulb + Wink Hub
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0