George Foreman iGrill offers iPod connectivity | iLounge News

George Foreman iGrill offers iPod connectivity

image

The new George Foreman iGrill is a floor-standing, iPod-ready indoor/outdoor electric grill. Offering a 200-square-inch grilling surface with “George’s Tough Nonstick Coating,” the iGrill sports a 10-watt speaker system that plays music from a connected iPod, MP3 player, or USB device. The iGrill sells for $150.

« Mix: Pacific Design, iPhone support, 120GB, iTunes lyrics

Aspyr releases iQuiz Maker; Apple offers quiz pack tutorial »

Comments

I’m not sure what to think anymore.

Posted by LC Angell on April 25, 2007 at 10:53 AM (CDT)

Does grease void your iPod warranty?

Posted by LC Angell on April 25, 2007 at 11:01 AM (CDT)

Puts a new meaning to toasting your iPod.

I’ll have an 80GB with lettuce, tomatoes and Heinz 57 to go.

Posted by LC Angell on April 25, 2007 at 11:06 AM (CDT)

Just what I needed! I’ve always wanted to connect my $300 iPod to a HEAT SOURCE! All that dripping grease can only enhance the iPod’s design and functionality. And with that whopping 10 watts of speaker power, MAYBE I’ll be able to hear a few notes over the sizzling sounds!

What’s next? An iPod vacuum cleaner?

Posted by LC Angell on April 25, 2007 at 11:08 AM (CDT)

I wonder who thought of this? I’ll pass.

Posted by LC Angell on April 25, 2007 at 11:14 AM (CDT)

That’s probably the single most useless iPod accessory in the world… I can’t possibly think for a reason why would need this…

seriously…. wtf?!

Posted by LC Angell on April 25, 2007 at 11:26 AM (CDT)

iPuke!!!!

Posted by LC Angell on April 25, 2007 at 11:27 AM (CDT)

Cause when I hold backyard BBQs, I always think… “Man, if I could only grill my food and play my music for the whole yard with ONE device, life would be complete.”

This just might be more ridiculous then thing toilet paper holder w/ an iPod Dock.  This is worse because it’s from a widely popular brand.

Posted by LC Angell on April 25, 2007 at 11:31 AM (CDT)

and with the release of one new product, both the iPod Accessory market AND the i____ product naming craze reach an all new, terrible low.

Posted by LC Angell on April 25, 2007 at 11:39 AM (CDT)

god, when will it end…

Posted by LC Angell on April 25, 2007 at 11:40 AM (CDT)

I FIGURED OUT IT’S PURPOSE!!!!!

We use it to grill Zunes.

Posted by LC Angell on April 25, 2007 at 12:35 PM (CDT)

Well, if this wasn’t an electric model I’d say I know the demographic catered to, but they need MORE POWER. *argh*

Posted by LC Angell on April 25, 2007 at 12:55 PM (CDT)

What is it with these inventor people!!!??? Do they not know that there are dozens of speaker docks on the market that mean you can use an iPod anywhere already….and that the iGrill,iBed,iSofa,iToilet Roll Holder,iSink,iDishwasher,iGarden Seat,iIroning Board are completely superfluous!?
I doubt you’ll hear 10 watts of speaker power over the sizzling of your brain food anyway!!

Posted by LC Angell on April 25, 2007 at 1:12 PM (CDT)

??? Is it April 1 again??

Posted by LC Angell on April 25, 2007 at 1:29 PM (CDT)

@Rob, oh the inventors get it all right.  They get that there are plenty of iMorons who will shell out $150 for this and other similarly silly products.  It doesn’t have to make sense or work well or server a purpose - it just needs to sell.

Posted by LC Angell on April 25, 2007 at 1:44 PM (CDT)

This will be great for my bedroom. Now I can wake to the smell of bacon AND some sweet tunes.

Posted by LC Angell on April 25, 2007 at 2:38 PM (CDT)

Well, this *is* the guy who named all of his kids George Edward Foreman.

Posted by LC Angell on April 25, 2007 at 3:04 PM (CDT)

AAAHHHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*gasp*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Posted by LC Angell on April 25, 2007 at 3:46 PM (CDT)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Now if it had a lava lamp and shoe polisher built in I’d be all over this one!!!

hey Joe..you want cheese on that iBurger?

Posted by LC Angell on April 25, 2007 at 5:12 PM (CDT)

You haven’t seen the newest addition, tih INDOOR USB IGrill.  That’s the one I want!

Posted by LC Angell on April 25, 2007 at 6:22 PM (CDT)