George Foreman iGrill offers iPod connectivity | iLounge News

George Foreman iGrill offers iPod connectivity

image

The new George Foreman iGrill is a floor-standing, iPod-ready indoor/outdoor electric grill. Offering a 200-square-inch grilling surface with “George’s Tough Nonstick Coating,” the iGrill sports a 10-watt speaker system that plays music from a connected iPod, MP3 player, or USB device. The iGrill sells for $150.

« Mix: Pacific Design, iPhone support, 120GB, iTunes lyrics

Aspyr releases iQuiz Maker; Apple offers quiz pack tutorial »

Comments

I’m not sure what to think anymore.

Posted by stadidas on April 25, 2007 at 7:53 AM (PDT)

Does grease void your iPod warranty?

Posted by solarpos on April 25, 2007 at 8:01 AM (PDT)

Puts a new meaning to toasting your iPod.

I’ll have an 80GB with lettuce, tomatoes and Heinz 57 to go.

Posted by Robert on April 25, 2007 at 8:06 AM (PDT)

Just what I needed! I’ve always wanted to connect my $300 iPod to a HEAT SOURCE! All that dripping grease can only enhance the iPod’s design and functionality. And with that whopping 10 watts of speaker power, MAYBE I’ll be able to hear a few notes over the sizzling sounds!

What’s next? An iPod vacuum cleaner?

Posted by Gregorgeous on April 25, 2007 at 8:08 AM (PDT)

I wonder who thought of this? I’ll pass.

Posted by ddsd on April 25, 2007 at 8:14 AM (PDT)

That’s probably the single most useless iPod accessory in the world… I can’t possibly think for a reason why would need this…

seriously…. wtf?!

Posted by iRate Columnist on April 25, 2007 at 8:26 AM (PDT)

iPuke!!!!

Posted by a3rdleg on April 25, 2007 at 8:27 AM (PDT)

Cause when I hold backyard BBQs, I always think… “Man, if I could only grill my food and play my music for the whole yard with ONE device, life would be complete.”

This just might be more ridiculous then thing toilet paper holder w/ an iPod Dock.  This is worse because it’s from a widely popular brand.

Posted by iScott on April 25, 2007 at 8:31 AM (PDT)

and with the release of one new product, both the iPod Accessory market AND the i____ product naming craze reach an all new, terrible low.

Posted by lilaliend on April 25, 2007 at 8:39 AM (PDT)

god, when will it end…

Posted by Dee on April 25, 2007 at 8:40 AM (PDT)

I FIGURED OUT IT’S PURPOSE!!!!!

We use it to grill Zunes.

Posted by solarpos on April 25, 2007 at 9:35 AM (PDT)

Well, if this wasn’t an electric model I’d say I know the demographic catered to, but they need MORE POWER. *argh*

Posted by Bad Beaver on April 25, 2007 at 9:55 AM (PDT)

What is it with these inventor people!!!??? Do they not know that there are dozens of speaker docks on the market that mean you can use an iPod anywhere already….and that the iGrill,iBed,iSofa,iToilet Roll Holder,iSink,iDishwasher,iGarden Seat,iIroning Board are completely superfluous!?
I doubt you’ll hear 10 watts of speaker power over the sizzling of your brain food anyway!!

Posted by Rob on April 25, 2007 at 10:12 AM (PDT)

??? Is it April 1 again??

Posted by Fangorn in Texas on April 25, 2007 at 10:29 AM (PDT)

@Rob, oh the inventors get it all right.  They get that there are plenty of iMorons who will shell out $150 for this and other similarly silly products.  It doesn’t have to make sense or work well or server a purpose - it just needs to sell.

Posted by George Jr. on April 25, 2007 at 10:44 AM (PDT)

This will be great for my bedroom. Now I can wake to the smell of bacon AND some sweet tunes.

Posted by superape on April 25, 2007 at 11:38 AM (PDT)

Well, this *is* the guy who named all of his kids George Edward Foreman.

Posted by iPittythefool on April 25, 2007 at 12:04 PM (PDT)

AAAHHHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*gasp*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Posted by Multimoog on April 25, 2007 at 12:46 PM (PDT)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Now if it had a lava lamp and shoe polisher built in I’d be all over this one!!!

hey Joe..you want cheese on that iBurger?

Posted by SouthernGothic on April 25, 2007 at 2:12 PM (PDT)

You haven’t seen the newest addition, tih INDOOR USB IGrill.  That’s the one I want!

Posted by Tim McNair on April 25, 2007 at 3:22 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >