Get Well Steve | iLounge News

Get Well Steve

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Sunday, August 1, 2004
News Categories: Apple

MacMinute is reporting that Apple Chief Executive Officer Steve Jobs is hospitalized and recovering from successful surgery for pancreatic cancer. Using a PowerBook to e-mail from his hospital bed, Jobs wrote to tell Apple employees that, “I had a very rare form of pancreatic cancer called an islet cell neuroendocrine tumor, which represents about 1 percent of the total cases of pancreatic cancer diagnosed each year, and can be cured by surgical removal if diagnosed in time (mine was). I will not require any chemotherapy or radiation treatments.” Jobs will return to his Cupertino office in September, presumably after the Apple Expo in Paris.

iLounge wishes Steve the speediest and fullest of recoveries, and invites our readers to leave a “get well” message for Steve in this comments thread, which we will forward to Apple. (Negative messages will be deleted and their posters banned; please use good judgment in leaving messages for a man recovering from cancer.)

« Mac|Windows: iPod Music Liberator 2.0 released - copy music from iPod to PC

Free 2004 DNC speeches on iTunes »

Comments

Best wishes Steve and I hope that you have a speedy recovery!

Posted by Jester in Houston .:. TX on August 1, 2004 at 5:42 PM (PDT)

Get well soon and keep up the good work.

Posted by Locutus on August 1, 2004 at 5:48 PM (PDT)

Get well, Steve. I’m glad to know that your reputation for O/C behaviour applies to preventative medicine and your personal health as well. I’m also sure your recovery time will provide ample opportunity for dozens of epiphanic visions for brilliant new revolutionary, “phenomenal” products from our favorite fruit company.

Posted by tonton on August 1, 2004 at 5:48 PM (PDT)

Steve-
Hope you get well very soon.  Enjoy your recovery, and take a much needed break!  Keep up the good stuff with Apple!
Zach

Posted by Zach on August 1, 2004 at 5:58 PM (PDT)

you are a true visionary. you hooked me long ago with the apple ][. i wish you a speedy recovery and wish you nothing but the very best.

Posted by eric dolecki on August 1, 2004 at 6:09 PM (PDT)

Steve,

Wow, i’m sorry this has happened to you, but glad you were able to catch it in time. I, as well as many of us iPoders owe you and Apple so much. We do care about you, even though most have not seen or met you in person. We all look foward to what Apple has to offer in our lifetime. Glad you’re safe.

To a speedy recovery!,
Mark

Posted by Mark Daughters on August 1, 2004 at 6:16 PM (PDT)

Steve,

I was wowed by your products and espically the ipod ::hugs his ipod:: and I hope you make a fast recovery so that we can see what you hold for the future. Hopefuly they give you some great hospital food.

To a speedy recovery! ::holds up ipod::
Adam.

Posted by Adam LeBlanc on August 1, 2004 at 6:25 PM (PDT)

Steve,

Get well soon. I work in a hospital as a MRI Tech. I always thought it would run a lot better is if the who hospital design by Apple. Oh well just thinking a bit out of the box.

A speedy recover to you, and thank you for so many wonderful products.

Kevin Daniels

Posted by Kevin Daniels on August 1, 2004 at 6:25 PM (PDT)

Its tragic that you even need to include that warning at the bottom.

Get welll Steve and thanks for my new ipod!

Posted by Chris on August 1, 2004 at 6:26 PM (PDT)

Steve…YOU THE MAN….we need you back to supervise all the brilliant products that help improve our way of life….best wishes

Jonathan Letellier
from the Dominican Repuiblic

Posted by Jonathan Letellier on August 1, 2004 at 6:27 PM (PDT)

Unfortunately Chris there’s low-lifes like “omg” above of you that aren’t mature enough.

Good luck Steve with your recovery, I’m sure your iPod will be cranking while in the hospital :D

Posted by Andrew on August 1, 2004 at 6:27 PM (PDT)

Hope you feel better soon Steve

Your friend,
                  Scott

Posted by MATRIXsjd in Burbank, Ca on August 1, 2004 at 6:33 PM (PDT)

Get well Steve! Amazing how many times you’ve managed to change the world.

Posted by LordJohnWhorfin on August 1, 2004 at 6:40 PM (PDT)

Steve,

Whenever I have felt like I can’t do anything in times of stress I’ve thought about the things that you’ve done and the awesome things you have accomplished.  You are an inspiration to many.  I will keep you in my prayers and wish you a speedy recovery.  You are a visionary who has changed the world many times over, so get some rest.

Sincerely,

Joe Brell

Posted by Joe Brell on August 1, 2004 at 6:40 PM (PDT)

Have a very speedy recovery. We’ll be looking forward to your leadership for many more years to come.

Michael

Posted by Michael on August 1, 2004 at 6:41 PM (PDT)

Steve,

Get well soon. You are one of my heros. I have been a Mac user since the Mac 512 - now using a G5 dual 2G. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Posted by John on August 1, 2004 at 6:42 PM (PDT)

Steve,
We wish you a speedy recovery. Get well soon.

Posted by Lisa O on August 1, 2004 at 6:44 PM (PDT)

Steve—my faith in Apple was shaken when my trusty Newton was canned, but soon a well loved first gen iPod has took its place as my constant companion!  Been with you since my 512K and don’t plan on going anywhere.  Glad you don’t, either!

Speedy recovery and best wishes!

Posted by Mustang Paul on August 1, 2004 at 6:46 PM (PDT)

Mr Steve Jobs,
I know you needed a break from work but wasn’t this just a bit too much?! (LOL).
Just Kidding.
My best to you during this time.
Have a fast recovery and a long, well deserve, break.
- Jorge

Posted by djJASMAN in California on August 1, 2004 at 7:05 PM (PDT)

Steve,

I hope you get well soon!  I’m always looking forward to the next brilliant idea from Apple.  You certainly run a tight ship!

Watch some movies and take some you-time.

Best wishes,

Devin

Posted by iDevin in Los Angeles, CA on August 1, 2004 at 7:07 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 7 pages  1 2 3 >  Last »