Get Well Steve | iLounge News

Get Well Steve

MacMinute is reporting that Apple Chief Executive Officer Steve Jobs is hospitalized and recovering from successful surgery for pancreatic cancer. Using a PowerBook to e-mail from his hospital bed, Jobs wrote to tell Apple employees that, “I had a very rare form of pancreatic cancer called an islet cell neuroendocrine tumor, which represents about 1 percent of the total cases of pancreatic cancer diagnosed each year, and can be cured by surgical removal if diagnosed in time (mine was). I will not require any chemotherapy or radiation treatments.” Jobs will return to his Cupertino office in September, presumably after the Apple Expo in Paris.

iLounge wishes Steve the speediest and fullest of recoveries, and invites our readers to leave a “get well” message for Steve in this comments thread, which we will forward to Apple. (Negative messages will be deleted and their posters banned; please use good judgment in leaving messages for a man recovering from cancer.)

« Mac|Windows: iPod Music Liberator 2.0 released - copy music from iPod to PC

Free 2004 DNC speeches on iTunes »

Comments

Steve,

Sorry to hear about your illness.  Get better soon, but take your time.  Don’t over do it!

Apple is a great company.  You are Apple.  Any questions?  :)

Take care, Steve

-Jeffrey J

Posted by Jeffrey J on August 2, 2004 at 4:08 PM (CDT)

Hiya Steve,
Just a quick Get Well from One of apple’s retailers in the UK, we all read about it today, Just relax, get Well and hope to see some… “Great new products from apple…” later this year

Thomas and the entire Apple Retail Distributors in the UK wish you a speedy recovery

Posted by Thomas Rai on August 2, 2004 at 5:15 PM (CDT)

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, some refreshing R&R, and continued success.

Posted by Ladyslug on August 2, 2004 at 5:21 PM (CDT)

Hope you get a SPEEDY recovery! 9 months ago I was listening to music out of a CD player, now I’m listening to music out of the best music player ever! The iPod, such thought creativity and careful planning in such a compact design. I currently have the 3G model and am saving up for a 4G. Every single move you have chosen to do with the iPod has sent it into leaps and bounds down victory lane.

-Yuanmei

Posted by Yuanmei on August 2, 2004 at 5:24 PM (CDT)

greatest luck and a speedy recovery!
yet another reason to shave my hair.
-josh

Posted by Josh on August 2, 2004 at 5:39 PM (CDT)

All the best, Steve. Glad they caught the cancer in good time.

Take some chill time and come back discharged from hospital fit and well.

Posted by Zac on August 2, 2004 at 5:47 PM (CDT)

Best wishes from Canada, we all wish you the best of recoveries.

Prime Minister,
Paul Martin

Posted by Paul Martin on August 2, 2004 at 6:21 PM (CDT)

My prayers and warm wishes are with you for a quick and full recovery. I had a run in with “the big C” nine years ago and have been fine ever since I gave it the boot. ‘Sounds like your chances are even better than mine were.

‘Hope you have some quality time off. Be well and happy.

Posted by Sylvia on August 2, 2004 at 7:11 PM (CDT)

Steve,
Get well real soon. (Is your hospital gown black like
your trademark black shirts? Just wondering…)
Hurry back to the helm!

Posted by Aunt Mary on August 2, 2004 at 7:14 PM (CDT)

Dear Mr. Jobs,
Thank you for all your brilliant products that you came out with. I heard the news on msn.com and I hope you get well soon!

-Betsy

Posted by Betsy Miles on August 2, 2004 at 7:52 PM (CDT)

Steve,

A visionary and icon to all. A man who makes dreams a reality. Someone who pushes the world forward in a new direction. Thanks for making us Think Different, Listen Different, and Work Different. You’ve changed many of our lives, and we thank you for that.

Get well soon. We expect to see you on stave in Paris showing us that brand new iMac ;)

Aaron

Posted by AaronS on August 2, 2004 at 8:11 PM (CDT)

Get better, Steve!  You’re someone I look up to a lot and wish to have the same attitude about life as you do!  Feel better!

Posted by Bradley on August 2, 2004 at 10:12 PM (CDT)

Get well soon, so you can keep up doing great things!

Posted by de_heer on August 3, 2004 at 4:36 AM (CDT)

God bless you. Don’t know what we would do without you (and Pixar, and Apple)

Posted by Eric on August 3, 2004 at 7:25 AM (CDT)

Get well soon, Steve.  Thanks for all the great products.  I just purchased a 4G iPod and I love it!

I’m sure you’ll be doing your best to mend up quickly so that you can personally introduce the world to the newest iMac.

-Mike

Posted by feakbeak in Plymouth, MI, USA on August 3, 2004 at 7:46 AM (CDT)

Well, still stuck with the PC for now, but I am slowly going over to the Mac side (after seeing the FCP and Protools workstation at my workplace :grins:)

Here’s wishing you a speedy recovery, and hope you’ll create more great products in the times to come (and make me take that leap of faith over to the Apple side)!

I love my 3G iPod (but give it some updates will ya?) :D

Posted by borez on August 3, 2004 at 8:07 AM (CDT)

I wish you a speedy recovery, sir.
My mother has been battling cancer for 5 years, and is finally getting better. You have my deepest condolences, and I hope your recovery is swift and easy. I am very glad that your form of cancer was curable, and that you got to it in time. You are very fortunate.
God bless and feel well soon.

iPod and iTunes lover and future Mac convert (?),
Russell

Posted by Rex in USA on August 3, 2004 at 9:10 AM (CDT)

Steve,
I hope you have a fast recovery.  Please accept my iFlowers as a gift to you! :)

I like that you have your PowerBook 17” in bed, the same relaxing place where I use my PowerBook 15”.

Joe F.

Posted by Joe Flux in Florida on August 3, 2004 at 10:45 AM (CDT)

Hey Steve…you know what they say about an Apple a day…best wishes and hope you’re feeling better soon.

Posted by whitebread on August 3, 2004 at 12:48 PM (CDT)

Wishing you the best of health.

Take care. :)

Posted by Z on August 3, 2004 at 1:14 PM (CDT)

Page 6 of 7 pages ‹ First  < 4 5 6 7 >