Get Well Steve | iLounge News

Get Well Steve

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Sunday, August 1, 2004
News Categories: Apple

MacMinute is reporting that Apple Chief Executive Officer Steve Jobs is hospitalized and recovering from successful surgery for pancreatic cancer. Using a PowerBook to e-mail from his hospital bed, Jobs wrote to tell Apple employees that, “I had a very rare form of pancreatic cancer called an islet cell neuroendocrine tumor, which represents about 1 percent of the total cases of pancreatic cancer diagnosed each year, and can be cured by surgical removal if diagnosed in time (mine was). I will not require any chemotherapy or radiation treatments.” Jobs will return to his Cupertino office in September, presumably after the Apple Expo in Paris.

iLounge wishes Steve the speediest and fullest of recoveries, and invites our readers to leave a “get well” message for Steve in this comments thread, which we will forward to Apple. (Negative messages will be deleted and their posters banned; please use good judgment in leaving messages for a man recovering from cancer.)

« Mac|Windows: iPod Music Liberator 2.0 released - copy music from iPod to PC

Free 2004 DNC speeches on iTunes »

Comments

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Steve…
I am french and I live in the south of France and I just opened a bottle of a very good italian red wine I was keeping for a good opportunity. So i am drinking it just now because you seem to recover well.
I have a splendid wife, two children -a boy who is 3 years old and a girl who is 4 months old-, a pretty small house and a iMac G4, so I think I am among the happy few.
Thank you for playing a part in my everyday happiness
K.

Posted by K. on August 3, 2004 at 11:58 AM (PDT)

get well soon your the main man

Posted by lovejoy on August 3, 2004 at 2:09 PM (PDT)

I didn’t realize how much you’ve affected my life until you showed up on the cover on Newsweek.

Thanks for the innovations, BEST wishes for a speedy recovery, and an even speedier return to the iPod team!

Posted by Bill in D.C. on August 3, 2004 at 7:02 PM (PDT)

It is my sincere prayer that your recovery might be speedy and complete. Thank you for giving us Apple and all of its unique products (and way of life). Thank you for showing us the importance of Think[ing] Different.  Thank you for giving us the tools to create and invent, to innovate and shock.  We will always support you and stand by you.

May you always defy the status quo and permit us to assist you!

More importantly, may you live life happy and healthy!

Posted by tino z on August 4, 2004 at 4:18 AM (PDT)

Dear Steve,

Here’s to a speedy and complete recovery!

Posted by Yota_Y on August 4, 2004 at 4:31 AM (PDT)

Get Well Soon!

Posted by xboxman on August 4, 2004 at 5:11 AM (PDT)

All the best to you, in this battle as in all your endeavors.

Posted by 7jlong on August 4, 2004 at 8:52 AM (PDT)

Keep up the great attitude and your sure to have a full and speedy recovery. Thanks for all the great apple products over the years!

Posted by Don on August 4, 2004 at 11:24 AM (PDT)

Get Well! We all need you here leading Apple to success!

Posted by Zach in Lake Stevens, WA on August 4, 2004 at 11:35 AM (PDT)

Get Well Soon Mr. Jobs

Posted by imacuser on August 5, 2004 at 10:32 AM (PDT)

Get a good rest and get back on your feet….keep dreaming Apple….we need to educate another generation in the ways of Mac smile

b

Posted by Bill Scully on August 5, 2004 at 2:04 PM (PDT)

HEY STEVE!
You’re my heroe, hope you get well soon and you can start partying like if it was 1999 again, well get well and remember to always PARTY!!!!

Posted by Ninja Turtle on August 5, 2004 at 10:23 PM (PDT)

GET WELL STEVE, the company is nothing without you.  (my stock depends on it as well, grin )

Posted by Chris on August 7, 2004 at 1:07 PM (PDT)

Page 7 of 7 pages « First  <  5 6 7