Get Well Steve | iLounge News

Get Well Steve

MacMinute is reporting that Apple Chief Executive Officer Steve Jobs is hospitalized and recovering from successful surgery for pancreatic cancer. Using a PowerBook to e-mail from his hospital bed, Jobs wrote to tell Apple employees that, “I had a very rare form of pancreatic cancer called an islet cell neuroendocrine tumor, which represents about 1 percent of the total cases of pancreatic cancer diagnosed each year, and can be cured by surgical removal if diagnosed in time (mine was). I will not require any chemotherapy or radiation treatments.” Jobs will return to his Cupertino office in September, presumably after the Apple Expo in Paris.

iLounge wishes Steve the speediest and fullest of recoveries, and invites our readers to leave a “get well” message for Steve in this comments thread, which we will forward to Apple. (Negative messages will be deleted and their posters banned; please use good judgment in leaving messages for a man recovering from cancer.)

« Mac|Windows: iPod Music Liberator 2.0 released - copy music from iPod to PC

Free 2004 DNC speeches on iTunes »

Comments

I’m glad to hear that you were able to catch the cancer early enough. Wishing a smooth and restful recovery.

Posted by Starboard on August 1, 2004 at 7:09 PM (PDT)

Steve,

Thanks for all of the great ideas, cool designs, and innovative products!  I hope you get well soon.

Alison

Posted by powdergirl in Bozeman, Mont. on August 1, 2004 at 7:22 PM (PDT)

Get well soon Mr. Jobs!

Posted by mdmania on August 1, 2004 at 7:23 PM (PDT)

Get well, man! Good thing it was the rare form. Perhaps the common form is reserved for Windows employees. (Okay, I know that sounds tasteless, but i meant it in the Mac=unique, Windows=Conformist way.)

Posted by Joshdude in Long Beach, CA on August 1, 2004 at 7:24 PM (PDT)

Get well, Steve, and good luck.  We’re all thinking about you and hope for the best.

Posted by TommyT in Birmingham, AL on August 1, 2004 at 7:25 PM (PDT)

Get well Steve, I think you still have much to give us for spectacular technology, you’ve made such a mark on the computing industry and I know that you still have more to do, so get well soon, all the best to you and your family, my thoughts and prayers are with you!

Posted by Lauren in United States on August 1, 2004 at 7:29 PM (PDT)

Hey, hope you get well. You’re an inspiration to many… just not Microsoft wink

Posted by dino in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada on August 1, 2004 at 7:37 PM (PDT)

Hey Mr. Jobs!

I pray you’ll have a fine recovery. Thanks for all of your excellent products and thank you for changing my life. I am a very proud owner of many Mac products and love them. Get well soon! And may God bless you!

Posted by Harrison Oliver Williams Keely on August 1, 2004 at 7:38 PM (PDT)

Steve,

Here’s to a speedy recovery and, I’m sure, some much needed rest. Get well, and God bless.

-Adam

Posted by RedEarth on August 1, 2004 at 7:53 PM (PDT)

Can I have your Powerbook?  Just kidding.  Great job, glad you will be well.  Cancer sucks.  Thanks for all you’ve done.

Posted by GMan on August 1, 2004 at 7:54 PM (PDT)

Get well soon.  Thank goodness for regular checkups.

Posted by VegasRobb on August 1, 2004 at 7:54 PM (PDT)

Steve (Mr. Jobs),
I can’t express to you the shock I went through when I heard your bad news. My heart literally stopped and tears nearly came to my eyes as I thought the worst. Now I’m not coming onto you and no I’m not gay (not that there’s anything wrong with that… but I’m not), but you truly are an inspiration. I am a high school student who aspires to go into industrial design. It was you and your company who’ve inspired me to go this way. One of the programs I’m involved in at my school is Science Olympiad and for it I build a robot from scratch. As I build and do the CADs and all spend all the time I do designing and constructing it, all I think of is form and function and I aspire to create something as great as an Apple product. As I look at the world around me I always think ‘what if company’s were more like apple’. I think about how much better of a job you and John (Ives) could do with many of the things I use and require each day. It’s been your company through your ‘Think Different slogan’ and your persistence in excellence that’s driven me to strive for better things as I build and design them. Thanks to you I can be proud of a company. Thanks to you I can be sincere about a company. Thanks to you I know what I want to do with my life. You and your company truly are an inspiration. I wish you the best recovery! I’m glad to hear you’re ok!

-Jody-

Posted by Jody on August 1, 2004 at 7:57 PM (PDT)

Get well Steve - You continue to be inspiration to me.  Thank you for Apple.

Posted by jpt1 in Fresno on August 1, 2004 at 7:57 PM (PDT)

I’m glad the sugery went well.  I wish you the best recovery ever.

Posted by Chris M. on August 1, 2004 at 7:59 PM (PDT)

Hope you get well soon! It’s lucky that you don’t have the adenocarcinoma of pancreas that my uncle had and passed away within 3 months! I will pray for you.

Posted by PeterT on August 1, 2004 at 8:07 PM (PDT)

Steve,
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. My mother is fighting cancer and I know it can be tough. Stay strong!

Posted by Kirk M on August 1, 2004 at 8:08 PM (PDT)

Good luck Mr. Jobs!!

Posted by Tchendoh on August 1, 2004 at 8:15 PM (PDT)

Steve

Your Apple’s around the world are with you and praying for a full and speedy recovery

Posted by Larry P on August 1, 2004 at 8:16 PM (PDT)

Steve,
My Hero. I’m listening to Getting Better by The Beatles on my brand new iPod for you. Hurry up so we can see some more revolutionary products from your mind!
thanks for Apple.

Posted by Luke S. on August 1, 2004 at 8:25 PM (PDT)

All the best wishes for a speedy and thorough recovery.

Posted by Holly on August 1, 2004 at 8:48 PM (PDT)

Page 2 of 7 pages  <  1 2 3 4 >  Last »