Get Well Steve | iLounge News

Get Well Steve

MacMinute is reporting that Apple Chief Executive Officer Steve Jobs is hospitalized and recovering from successful surgery for pancreatic cancer. Using a PowerBook to e-mail from his hospital bed, Jobs wrote to tell Apple employees that, “I had a very rare form of pancreatic cancer called an islet cell neuroendocrine tumor, which represents about 1 percent of the total cases of pancreatic cancer diagnosed each year, and can be cured by surgical removal if diagnosed in time (mine was). I will not require any chemotherapy or radiation treatments.” Jobs will return to his Cupertino office in September, presumably after the Apple Expo in Paris.

iLounge wishes Steve the speediest and fullest of recoveries, and invites our readers to leave a “get well” message for Steve in this comments thread, which we will forward to Apple. (Negative messages will be deleted and their posters banned; please use good judgment in leaving messages for a man recovering from cancer.)

« Mac|Windows: iPod Music Liberator 2.0 released - copy music from iPod to PC

Free 2004 DNC speeches on iTunes »

Comments

Godspeed Steve
Hope you recover soon

Posted by eR on August 2, 2004 at 12:03 AM (CDT)

Get well, do good work, and keep in touch.

Posted by Steven on August 2, 2004 at 12:38 AM (CDT)

New playlist:
————————————
Livin’ on a prayer
Always
Keep the faith
Blaze of Glory
We’ll be there for you, Steve!

Posted by Ringer in PA on August 2, 2004 at 12:53 AM (CDT)

Get well soon Steve!

Posted by Zack on August 2, 2004 at 1:09 AM (CDT)

Get Well Soon!

Posted by Squibbles on August 2, 2004 at 1:44 AM (CDT)

Best wishes.

Posted by axxman on August 2, 2004 at 2:00 AM (CDT)

Godspeed Steve!

Love from Melbourne

Posted by pappa on August 2, 2004 at 3:05 AM (CDT)

vaikket tätä ymmärräkään niin toivottavasti paranet pian ja jatkat tietokone maailman kapinallisena oloa. Get well soon and keep up the good work(that includes the hole Apple)

Best wishes from Finland

Posted by Muuttomies in Helsinki, Finland on August 2, 2004 at 3:10 AM (CDT)

It almost seems like I know you through your products, thus I think you are a great person. Here’s to a speedy recovery.

Posted by Rod on August 2, 2004 at 3:22 AM (CDT)

Dude!!
What can I say? I wish you a speedy recovery.
Take care.

Ben.

Posted by notverypc on August 2, 2004 at 3:41 AM (CDT)

I wish you a speedy recovery. Do not abuse of your “iStuff” at the hospital, take time to rest,  and come back to us fit. Maybe we’ll see at the paris apple expo

Keep up the good work

Sincerely

Posted by David on August 2, 2004 at 3:54 AM (CDT)

Steve,

I wish you all the best and the speediest recovery possible. Hopefully that 17” PowerBook will make the stay more enjoyable!

Best,

Andrew

Posted by Andrew Wilkinson on August 2, 2004 at 4:04 AM (CDT)

This 3-year breast cancer survivor wishes you all the best! Apple products have enriched my life from my very first 1024K Mac (bought second-hand from my boss), through many generations of Macs and iPods, to my latest 12-inch PowerBook, a birthday present to myself bought just last week, and which I have been taking with me *everywhere*! Please get well soon (and come back to the Boston MacWorld - we miss you!).

Posted by Lesliet on August 2, 2004 at 4:29 AM (CDT)

STEVE, this kind of situation shows me just how much WE NEED YOU among us.

God bless,

Bartosz

Posted by Bartosz on August 2, 2004 at 4:31 AM (CDT)

Praying that you have a speedy recovery and get back to living life to the fullest.  Godspeed with much love.

Posted by honeybee1236 on August 2, 2004 at 4:44 AM (CDT)

Get Well Soon Steve!

From Leeds, UK

Posted by Nathan Massey on August 2, 2004 at 4:48 AM (CDT)

Get well soon. Looking forward to get you back “at the helm” of the world’s greatest computer company.

Posted by MacCodeSmith on August 2, 2004 at 5:00 AM (CDT)

best wishes man
and you diddnt have to say he was using a powerbook, hes steve, its implied

Posted by Rigby on August 2, 2004 at 5:07 AM (CDT)

Rimettiti al meglio Steve, noi siamo qui ad aspettarti! Ti vogliamo bene! (Italy)

Best wishes Steve, come back soon!

Posted by Dede on August 2, 2004 at 5:19 AM (CDT)

Its wonderful news that your surgery was a sucess, and you didn’t have to suffer through the torture better known as chemotherapy and radiation treatment.  My mother lost her two year battle with pancreatic cancer in Janurary, for we all know that is one of the most dangerous locations of the body to fight this awful desease.

I hope you, and your loved ones understand and appreciate how blessed you are right now, and take the time to express the love and care you have for each other.  Because for most people in your situation, more tragic thoughts would be on your minds.

You and your family will be in my prayers.

Posted by jwc110869 in Rochester, NY on August 2, 2004 at 5:55 AM (CDT)

Page 3 of 7 pages  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›