Get Well Steve | iLounge News

Get Well Steve

MacMinute is reporting that Apple Chief Executive Officer Steve Jobs is hospitalized and recovering from successful surgery for pancreatic cancer. Using a PowerBook to e-mail from his hospital bed, Jobs wrote to tell Apple employees that, “I had a very rare form of pancreatic cancer called an islet cell neuroendocrine tumor, which represents about 1 percent of the total cases of pancreatic cancer diagnosed each year, and can be cured by surgical removal if diagnosed in time (mine was). I will not require any chemotherapy or radiation treatments.” Jobs will return to his Cupertino office in September, presumably after the Apple Expo in Paris.

iLounge wishes Steve the speediest and fullest of recoveries, and invites our readers to leave a “get well” message for Steve in this comments thread, which we will forward to Apple. (Negative messages will be deleted and their posters banned; please use good judgment in leaving messages for a man recovering from cancer.)

« Mac|Windows: iPod Music Liberator 2.0 released - copy music from iPod to PC

Free 2004 DNC speeches on iTunes »

Comments

All the best…let’s see whats next!

Posted by ChrisG on August 2, 2004 at 5:55 AM (CDT)

Hey Steve, can I be the CEO of Apple while you’re away? jk
I wish you the best of health and recovery.

Posted by crazyonskis on August 2, 2004 at 5:58 AM (CDT)

Get well Steve.  Your Apple products have changed the way I live and I appreciate all that you have done.

Posted by nyahmedny on August 2, 2004 at 6:03 AM (CDT)

Steve,
  Best wishes on a speedy recovery.  Love all the products Apple makes.  Keep up the good work.

brian

Posted by Brian Clewell on August 2, 2004 at 6:06 AM (CDT)

Steve-

Posted by Stefan on August 2, 2004 at 6:23 AM (CDT)

steve-
Thanks for all that you’ve done for the technological industry. Sorry to hear about the illness, i hope everything turns out well and wish you to a speedy and healthy recovery.

Posted by stefan on August 2, 2004 at 6:26 AM (CDT)

hope that you get better.  God was gracious to remove your sickness.  The Bible says that every good gift comes from above.  Get well soon, and thank the Lord Jesus Christ for His abundant mercy!
Tony Walker
www.preachertony.com

Posted by Tony Walker on August 2, 2004 at 6:33 AM (CDT)

Hey Steve, can I be CEO of Apple while you’re away? Please? jk
I wish you the best of health and recovery.

Posted by crazyonskis on August 2, 2004 at 6:35 AM (CDT)

Dear Steve-

Like others, i was shocked to hear this news. I lost my brother to pancreatic cancer last year. He was diagnosed with a late stage and died nine weeks after. I myself was diagnosed with prostate cancer this past April, but it was caught early and, six weeks after surgery I’m expected to make a complete recovery.

I know my experiences have served as an example to all around me to get screened regularly, I can only hpe your experience serves the same purpose.

Take it a day at a time and know that you will prevail…

Best Wishes,

-Paul

Posted by NM Mountain Man on August 2, 2004 at 7:03 AM (CDT)

Dear Steve-

Take it a day at a time and know that you will prevail…

Best Wishes,

-Paul

Posted by NM Mountain Man on August 2, 2004 at 7:04 AM (CDT)

Steve,

I owe you so much and so does the world.  We are all thinking of you as you heal.

Nick

Posted by Nick on August 2, 2004 at 7:13 AM (CDT)

I wish you the swiftest recovery, Steve!
I’m waiting for your coming back and continuing to amaze us.

Stay strong!

Tamio

Posted by Tamio on August 2, 2004 at 7:15 AM (CDT)

Steve.

Even though I have yet to own an Apple product myself (please forgive me), I remember the days of playing “Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego” on our computer in my middle school on one of the first Apple computers.  (Yes, that was long ago.)

I have finally made my first Apple purchase (a Mini of course), and can’t wait to receive it.  Most importantly though, I hope that you are able to recover quickly, and to take a break from your wonderful work.  Just remember to always slow down and look at life around you, you can’t ever take that time back…

May God bless you, and keep you.

Jason.

Posted by bikepodmini on August 2, 2004 at 7:23 AM (CDT)

Get Well Steve !!!

Posted by ET on August 2, 2004 at 7:37 AM (CDT)

Steve -

Speedy recovery - get better as you are truly a revolutionary thinker who has and will continue to be a leader in developing the best applicable technology for individuals and corportations.  After the Mac, the iMac and now the iPod, our expectations are high for the next groundbreaking technology that Apple and you will deliver - we wouldn’t mind a remote linked to the Airport Express :-)

Alan

Posted by ambipod on August 2, 2004 at 7:44 AM (CDT)

As I was reading this my first thought was that it was some wacky “April Fool!”-type joke, and not a very good one at that.  I’m truly sorry you had to go through this and truly happy the operation was a success.  May your recovery be speedy and your health robust, despite the hospital food.

Posted by eben on August 2, 2004 at 8:07 AM (CDT)

I can tell you all what happen after a cancer surgery is amazing, 18 months ago I had a surgery of a tumor on my thyrod, it was a very small cancer cell, but I didnt knew what it was until surgery and I had remove one side of my thyrod.
All can say to everyone is enjoy your life, for me all the money you can have means nothing if you dont have the time to enjoy it, I have taken good use of it since then (PowerBook, 3G iPod, Airport Extreme, Airport Express, 4G iPod, etc.), the work has been great, I am enjoying my life, hope to meet the women of my life, and maybe tomorrow I will have my new truck.
To Steve, rest and try to enjoy your time out of your offices, so in September you could return with more energy in order to continue reinventing the computer, music and animation industry.

Did you pay for your PowerBook?

Hope you will broadcast your Apple Expo Paris Keynote.

Posted by arqsagi on August 2, 2004 at 8:21 AM (CDT)

All the best Steve get well soon

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Posted by iLUKE in uk on August 2, 2004 at 8:24 AM (CDT)

get well soon steve! (I’ve had something not as serious happen to me in the hospital, but i had my ipod crankin to keep me alive. ;-)  )

Posted by nate on August 2, 2004 at 9:06 AM (CDT)

iPod definatly chnged my life and so will my iMac G5 (i hope) :D
I hope u get well and keep pushing your vision like you did in the past.
Take care :)

Posted by Aleks on August 2, 2004 at 9:07 AM (CDT)

Page 4 of 7 pages ‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 >  Last ›