GetGlue revamps UI, adds conversation view, leaderboards
Social entertainment network GetGlue has released an update to its iPhone and iPod touch application with a redesigned user interface that places more of an emphasis on social interaction with other users. GetGlue allows users to highlight forms of entertainment they are currently enjoying such as TV shows, movies, music and books by posting “check-ins” for those items that can be shared with other GetGlue users and posted to Twitter, Facebook and Foursquare.
The latest version adds a new conversation view to allow users to discuss their favourite items in real-time and respond to other user’s comments and check-ins along with leaderboards to allow users to compare fan standings with their friends. The check-in process has also been streamlined for faster check-ins and to present more relevant information and the check-in button now occupies a more prominent position in the centre of the button bar. Additional UI optimizations provide a more focused stream view for friends and followers and more detailed check-in screens showing unlocked stickers, other checkins, and leaderboard positions in comparison to friends. GetGlue for the iPhone and iPod touch is available from the App Store as a free download. An iPad version is also available, although it has not yet received this most recent update.
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- Sprint, UK’s EE add Wi-Fi calling with iOS 8.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?