Giant magazine seeks iPod early adopters | iLounge News

Giant magazine seeks iPod early adopters

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Friday, September 2, 2005
News Categories: Other

A writer from Giant magazine wants to hear from iLoungers who purchased a first-generation iPod the day it was released (November 10, 2001).

“I would love to see a dated receipt to reproduce in the mag, also interested in original packaging, or even a shot of your well-loved original iPod if still in use,” he says. “But mainly I want to hear about why you bought it in the first place, what it’s meant to you, and, of course, what you’re listening to these days.”

Email Giant with contact info at populardelusions@gmail.com

« New Podcast: iLounge Week in Review 8, enhanced

Mix: iTunes charts, Inventec, T-Mobile, Napster »

Comments

This separates the men from the boys…how many people here were believers from the beginning and how many jumped on the bandwagon?

Some here claim t be visionaries…able to see the power of the iPod from its inception…but who put their money where their mouth was on on Day One?

Posted by Talking Madness in Los Angeles on September 2, 2005 at 1:46 PM (PDT)

Ordered my 1G 5GB in December 2001 - cost £349 (!) and is still in use and still in good condition.

Posted by Bob Levens in UK on September 2, 2005 at 1:58 PM (PDT)

I bought the 5GB on 11/04/01 and received it 11/08. I still remember watching the webcast at work while Steve Jobs announced it to the world. Little did I know how much it would change my life.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on September 2, 2005 at 2:42 PM (PDT)

Rio PMP 32MB - 1998
Archos 6GB - 2000
Archos 20GB - 2001
iPod 5GB - 2001 (December)
Archos Multimedia 20GB - 2002
iPod 20GB - 2004
Archos Recorder 100GB - 2005

I listen to too much music.

Posted by Demosthenes on September 2, 2005 at 3:37 PM (PDT)

There’s no such thing as too much music tongue laugh

Posted by mjmoonwalker on September 2, 2005 at 3:44 PM (PDT)

I got mine 1g for Christmas of ‘01. I was the first person to have one at my high school, so i can that i had a part in starting the revolution.  Then got a 3g for Christmas of ‘03. Then i bought a Shuffle just to be the first one again in jan of ‘05.

just my testamony.
I plan on getin a 5g when they appear on the seen.

Peace Big P

Posted by BIGP in Texas on September 2, 2005 at 5:23 PM (PDT)

My iPod was a Christmas present I bought myself with my bonus check.  I remember having to explain to people all over town what the heck it was.  I had a friend tell me it was cute but he wanted something that would play windows media files.  Now I’ve still got my first gen iPod and he got a new iPod for Christmas last year.

Posted by Bill on September 2, 2005 at 7:59 PM (PDT)

Ordered at Apple Store, Nov 24, 2001. Paid $395 (incl. tax) for it. Shipped Nov 27. It still works, but battery has issues…

Posted by Pauper on September 2, 2005 at 9:41 PM (PDT)

Flashback: “You’re kidding, right? Give up my neverending Windoze 98 BSODs just so I could have a lil’ white, er, whaddaya call it? Ipod? Anything like that new iPAQ that Compaq sells?”

Who would’ve thought after only 4 little years…ok, I admit it…certainly not I. Or perhaps more appropriately: ‘i’.

And so we henceforth descend into the iRealm of iBloody iMarketing. Heck of a maniacally self-perpetuating machine, that iPod turned out to be.

Posted by flatline response on September 5, 2005 at 12:14 AM (PDT)

Thank you for the info!

Posted by Gaby on September 16, 2005 at 12:54 AM (PDT)