Give me money to buy an iPod | iLounge News

Give me money to buy an iPod

UK resident Geoff really wants an iPod. So he’s simply asking you to give him money so he can buy one. His website is complete with photos of people handing him money as well as statistics on money collected, how it was contributed, contributors sex and more.

“Surely this can’t be done can it? I’m trying to convince five hundred people to just give me 50p each, so that I can raise 250 to buy an Apple iPod. It’s simply a silly audacious bid to raise the cash, and it does appear to be working!”

« Update: iLounge server is faster?

How one family deals with digital downloads »

Comments

I wish people weren’t so stupid.  I’m not talking about the guy doing the stunt, I’m talking about the idiots who actually give him money.  Hmmm, maybe I’ll start up my own “Give me a dollar just for the hell of it!” campaign.  Wonder how many morons would actually bite?

Posted by Mountain Man on January 1, 2004 at 6:38 PM (PDT)

it seems to be working hes got about 50 to 60 only in erou would peopl actually do that

Posted by BIGP in Texas on January 1, 2004 at 6:49 PM (PDT)

HEY GEOFF! GET A JOB!

Posted by mGee on January 1, 2004 at 6:50 PM (PDT)

*he’s
*euro
*people

Posted by BIGP in Texas on January 1, 2004 at 6:59 PM (PDT)

Right, get a real job man. Who would so damn stupid to give a single cent at all? You have to give something back in return, nothing is free in this world, there’s always a catch…..

Posted by Jason on January 1, 2004 at 7:03 PM (PDT)

why doesnt he sell his digital camera on ebay and then buy an ipod?

Posted by Arthue on January 1, 2004 at 7:52 PM (PDT)

f*cking brilliant.

and to think, i almost gave my pocket change to a homeless person today.

gus.

Posted by gustafks on January 1, 2004 at 8:58 PM (PDT)

I say more power to him if he gets it done - he’s not twisting anyones arm you know. Besides, if I want to give the guy a buck - or a thousand, why does that make me an idiot and whos business is it but my own?

Posted by tvaughn333 on January 1, 2004 at 10:41 PM (PDT)

Hey, the guy’s site was entertaining and he’s obviously updating it.  Worth 50p to me.  Lighten up, cheapskates!

Posted by RacerX on January 2, 2004 at 1:26 AM (PDT)

I agree with RacerX. U other people are just jealous you didn’t think of it first. Seriously, what’s 89 US cents to you affluent iPod owners? It’s a brilliant concept, he will get there and all the contributors will be able to look at the photos when he gets it, and have their song requests put on his iPod, and everyone will be a winner. If you think its stupid, don’t give him any money and don’t complain.

Posted by Nuke666 on January 2, 2004 at 2:06 AM (PDT)

I saw a page once where some chick got people to give her over $3000 for breast implants so I think this guy needs to think bigger and go for the 40GB model lol. More power to him I say if he’s willing to do the begging.

Posted by JL on January 2, 2004 at 2:48 AM (PDT)

You can’t hate the guy for trying!

Posted by Bethany on January 2, 2004 at 4:09 AM (PDT)

worth the $.92 just to read his site. I dodn’t give any $ to the girl for the boob job, but this seems like a worthy cause.

Posted by cheddar on January 2, 2004 at 4:43 AM (PDT)

i like the idea and was ready to give him some pence before checking out his website. After checking his site, i judged him as a loser. oh well smile

Posted by wilson on January 2, 2004 at 4:52 AM (PDT)

Hell I don’t know what my country is turning into when we’ve got perfectly able guys like Geoff, who take to the web and beg, not for food, clothing or for a roof over his head but an iPod! Geoff do like the rest of us and save your cash and buy it with ones own money. The word scuzzbag springs to mind.

Posted by glad1959 on January 2, 2004 at 4:53 AM (PDT)

I apologise for using the word scuzzbag towards begging Geoffrey.

Posted by glad1959 on January 2, 2004 at 4:57 AM (PDT)

No - but I can hate him for being a lazy tosser!

There are so many people out there who need money. If we all donated 50p, perhaps some poor kid will get some warm clothes or a bed to sleep in. That is a worthy cause to me - providing others with basic human needs/rights. I don’t see why I should reward someone for being lazy, pathetic and selfish.

Posted by dottz on January 2, 2004 at 5:14 AM (PDT)

note how he has a job, its just a laugh. how does him collecting money affect you?its up to all the people who give him the money, they arent being forced into it, and i would rather give 50p to someone saving for an iPod than funding a tramps drug money for skag. and obviously BIGP think that all eurpoeans are stupid, not nice. well i think all americans are twats in that case (although, i have no reason to say that, just like him)

Posted by silver_haze20 on January 2, 2004 at 5:19 AM (PDT)

Hey i thought of this idea too, but then i thought to myself “How about i stop being so cheap and buy myself an ipod with my own stupid money.” I cant believe people are actually giving him money. What ever happened to working hard to earn something, instead of just asking people to hand it to you? Bah humbug.

Posted by SOAD on January 2, 2004 at 5:33 AM (PDT)

Perhaps if you had an ounce of empathy and compassion, you would understand the stupidity of that statement.
As someone who has spent most of my life helping people in need - people dying from AIDS, cancer etc., kids without parents who are cold and hungry, elderly people who’s children no longer care for them and have dumped them in a home because they can’t stand to see their parents fading away…

Get some perspective. People like this guy make me sick! It’s people like him, and the people that give him money that contribute to the negativity in the world. We are in seriously short supply of common sense and decency in this world…

Posted by dottz on January 2, 2004 at 5:46 AM (PDT)

Page 1 of 3 pages  1 2 3 >