Give me money to buy an iPod | iLounge News

Give me money to buy an iPod

UK resident Geoff really wants an iPod. So he’s simply asking you to give him money so he can buy one. His website is complete with photos of people handing him money as well as statistics on money collected, how it was contributed, contributors sex and more.

“Surely this can’t be done can it? I’m trying to convince five hundred people to just give me 50p each, so that I can raise

Comments

Ha ha,

The checky monkey already has a iPod, you know, and h’s a Windos User. Plus I tried to get him to use iTunes for Windows, but but it was to hard/to different from the way Windows products work ;-)

‘Someone from Euro who knows this fool’

:-)

Posted by Roland Young on January 3, 2004 at 3:36 AM (CST)

To all the people that complain your 50p or equivalent could be spent better on a homeless person or poor kid: PLEASE DO SO NOW!!!! DONATE IT!

Posted by Me on January 3, 2004 at 7:10 AM (CST)

Just because he’s trying to take advantage of opportunity here, doesn’t make him lazy.  I’d think that it would take quite a bit of work to get 500 people to donate a piddly 50 pence, talking to them, taking photos, and documenting everything.

I say, if he’s smart enough to gain access to OPM (other people’s money) to purchase something he wants, then more power to him.

Actually, I think it’s pretty comical that he’ll have a brand new Ipod without spending one red cent.

Posted by Z on January 3, 2004 at 3:29 PM (CST)

I have to say I’m really annoyed at this guy. I just spent

Posted by Jon on January 3, 2004 at 7:56 PM (CST)

Actually Geoff is just having a laugh and i can say that for a fact cause i work with him. Its really quite mind boggling to see how much pointless vitriol is being outpoured by you charity fascists. He does have a job, this is just a bit of fun, and how disturbing is it that people can’t seem to get their heads round this?

Posted by RT on January 5, 2004 at 6:11 AM (CST)

I too work with Geoff, and anyone who slags him off for his idea is just jealous that they didn’t think of it first.. You guys should get a life, not Geoff.

Posted by GD on January 13, 2004 at 12:36 PM (CST)

“Like I said, I think I’ll start up a “Give me a dollar just for the hell of it!” campaign. Apparently, there are enough suckers in the world to make it a profitable venture.”
It’s hardly as if he’s put no effort into the ‘campaign’.  If you can review his site without bitter thoughts you might discover it is in fact an entertaining read.
If you were to create something of a similar nature, with a slightly more pleasing request/idea than (your demand-) ‘Give me a dollar just for the hell of it!’ I daresay you might find a contributing audience.

Posted by Egan1 on February 20, 2004 at 12:27 PM (CST)

Look at Geoff’s site and see how much he’s put into this. He’s doing it for a bit of fun. The amount of time and effort he’s put into the website would pay more than enough for an Ipod!
Giving him 50p is not taking money away from anyone else, I’m totally with mstngo here.
If someone earns 50p a day more than someone else is that morally wrong? What’s the difference here if someone gives that 50p to Geoff?

Posted by Andy on June 20, 2004 at 6:13 PM (CDT)

Dang, misread the threading, meant to say I’m totally with azdude_15gb here :/

Posted by Andy on June 20, 2004 at 6:15 PM (CDT)

Page 3 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3