Good.iWare releases major update to GoodReader
Good.iWare has announced a major update to its popular GoodReader document viewing application. GoodReader v2.5 adds file search capabilities, password protection for individual files and folders, and support for “PDF Portfolios” which allow users to collect multiple files in different formats into a single integrated PDF unit. The developer notes that the latest version also removes USB file transfer capabilities “due to Apple’s demand, to avoid a violation of Apple’s rules.” The GoodReader update also provides support for additional features that can be added via In-App Purchases, allowing users to select only the features that they specifically need. There are currently three add-ons available: A plug-in for generic e-mail attachment support via POP3/IMAP4, a Google Docs plug-in and an FTP plug-in. The full version of GoodReader is available on the App Store for $1, with additional plug-ins selling for $1 each as In-App Purchases. A free GoodReader Lite version is also available which includes all of the plug-ins and is fully functional except for a storage limit of 5 files.
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- After School app returns to App Store with new safety features
- Report: Apple acquisition used for App Store ‘Explore’ tab
- Apple Maps adds Booking.com and Trip Advisor reviews
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?