Google acquires AdMob for $750 million
Google has signed an agreement to acquire mobile advertising firm AdMob for $750 million. Founded in 2006, AdMob has become a leading provider of mobile advertisements on both the iPhone and Android platforms, across both web-based properties and within applications. According to a statement from Google, it believes the acquisition will enhance the company’s “existing expertise and technology in mobile advertising, while also giving advertisers and publishers more choice in this growing new area.” A letter from AdMob founder and CEO Omar Hamoui regarding the acquisition is available online.
- Apple in talks to acquire Pinterest rival The Fancy?
- Google intros Nexus 7, Nexus Q as iPad, Apple TV rivals
- Samsung releases app to ease iOS to Galaxy transition
- Apple, Time reach agreement on magazine sales
- Microsoft unveils Xbox SmartGlass; links console to iPad, iPhone
- New HTC handsets face import delay due to Apple
- Some Apple Music and iTunes Match services may be illegal in the U.K.
- Australian banks accused of anti-competitive behavior over Apple Pay lockout
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?