Griffin announces EarJams earbud adapters | iLounge News

Griffin announces EarJams earbud adapters

pic

“Griffin Technology Inc, innovator of exciting hardware and software products for the Mac and iPod, today announced the Griffin EarJams. The Griffin EarJams are a totally new kind of product – they snap onto your iPod’s existing earbud-style headphones and significantly increase the bass output, volume level and comfort. The EarJams turn your existing earbuds into in-ear style headphones. A sonic enhancing cone extends the sound directly into the ear and is protected and made comfortable by slip-on soft ear pads. Three sizes of removable pads are included for the perfect individual fit. The package also includes a small canvas carrying case. The new Griffin EarJams will be shown Tuesday at Apple Expo Paris and will ship in September for just $19.99.”

« Tunewear announces Tunemax battery pack case

Lost iPod tracking service »

Comments

Everyone has talked about how the original iPod earbuds aren’t very good. Is this because the frequency response is not good, or is it because the earbuds don’t fit most normal people’s ears? If the latter is the case, then these products will be very popular. I currently own a set of EX71 black, but it would be nice to have my old earbuds back.

Posted by Nick on August 27, 2004 at 9:53 AM (CDT)

man i think this is sucha great idea, im getting some for sure

Posted by excited on August 27, 2004 at 9:57 AM (CDT)

A good idea, maybe… but $19.95?

Posted by Mirage on August 27, 2004 at 10:12 AM (CDT)

Very nice indeed, but….. $19.99??!?

Posted by cheapy on August 27, 2004 at 10:19 AM (CDT)

i’d try it for $19….

too bad i gave away my earbuds to my sister after i bought good headphones.

oh well.

while this a nice effort to make the stock earbuds half way decent, i wish more companies would start making white headphones.

Posted by travis on August 27, 2004 at 10:25 AM (CDT)

These look like a more expensive version of the SlicSound earpieces, which come in three sizes, are left-right specific…and aren’t worth it, IMO. Waste of 15 bucks.

Posted by mec_8870 on August 27, 2004 at 10:28 AM (CDT)

for the 20 you get a carring case as well.  Im going to bite.

Posted by FuriousTiger in NYC on August 27, 2004 at 10:33 AM (CDT)

sounds like pure snakeoil

Posted by chrome in Germany on August 27, 2004 at 10:35 AM (CDT)

I love the ear buds.  I long ago lost the black foam they give you to make them a bit mor comfortable.  I think the bigest complaint is that everyone’s ears are different.  honestly, I have a few other basic headphones that I tried with my iPod and none sounded as good as the bud.  I’ll get these for sure…

Posted by starbird on August 27, 2004 at 10:38 AM (CDT)

these so look liek they are worth it, but they are wicked expensive w/shipping.  Anyone know of another place to order them from… i dont really care about the carrying case.

Posted by robbiesan in Arlingotn, VA on August 27, 2004 at 10:39 AM (CDT)

Now you can listen to sucky earphones with less background noise…

Posted by geez... on August 27, 2004 at 10:47 AM (CDT)

I’ll pass on this.

Posted by dave chappelle on August 27, 2004 at 10:51 AM (CDT)

just buy the sonys for 40 or the apple in ears for 40.  Spend 20 on this and a week later loose one of the pieces and you are screwed.  This is almost as lame as macs.

Posted by macs are lame on August 27, 2004 at 11:07 AM (CDT)

This sounds like a pretty neat idea.  I’ve heard that the headphones that come with the iPod are pretty good, with the exception of the lack of fit.  I’m one of those people whose ears don’t fit the supplied headphones.  I have a bit of cartilege that make the supplied headphones truly painful. I bought some cheaper maxell headphones, but they have a weird rattle.

The Apple-deluxe headphones were tempting, but expensive.  This sounds like a much cheaper alternative to those, and provided they fit comfortably, I’d be inclined to buy a set of these.

Shipping to Canada is expensive, tho. I’ll wait for it to show up in some of the stores around here.

Posted by Sharlskdy on August 27, 2004 at 11:11 AM (CDT)

You can’t make crap sound any better than the crap it is.

Posted by P on August 27, 2004 at 11:37 AM (CDT)

So they charge as much as a passable set of earbuds for some clipons? For $10 I’d have given them a try, but at $20 for some plastic and silicon I think I’d just as soon put that money towards some actual product.

Posted by Code Monkey on August 27, 2004 at 11:51 AM (CDT)

Blah, the worst idea ever. The sound of the iPod buds wasn’t that bad, but come on, imagine how much those things stick out of your ear! Buy EX71 if you want in-ear buds.

Posted by Jussi on August 27, 2004 at 11:55 AM (CDT)

“You can’t make crap sound any better than the crap it is.”

Actually the iPod earphone drivers are excellent. Probably superior to what is in many of the incredibly expensive earphones on the market. The problem is that the iPod earphones do not deliver enough of the sound to your ears and are not particularly comfortable. So this could be a great solution. I will definitely drop $20 on a set to find out.

Jerry

Posted by Jerry on August 27, 2004 at 11:56 AM (CDT)

Shipping to canada cost more than the earbuds O.o

Id rather buy ex71’s, but I already have them =p

Posted by griever2004 on August 27, 2004 at 11:57 AM (CDT)

$20 isn’t bad when the best,cheapest Sonys are $40. I already own the Apple buds and I’d rather spend $20 to end up with the same thing (quality wise) as the $40 Sonys.  I had the sony and I sold them to help me pay for a new ipod and I miss them.

as for the Apple in-ear…JUNK!  The sound about half as good as the Sonys and the Apples dont stay in your ear.

Posted by Applebite on August 27, 2004 at 11:59 AM (CDT)

Page 1 of 3 pages  1 2 3 >