Griffin announces EarJams earbud adapters | iLounge News

Griffin announces EarJams earbud adapters

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Friday, August 27, 2004
News Categories: iPod Accessories

pic

“Griffin Technology Inc, innovator of exciting hardware and software products for the Mac and iPod, today announced the Griffin EarJams. The Griffin EarJams are a totally new kind of product – they snap onto your iPod’s existing earbud-style headphones and significantly increase the bass output, volume level and comfort. The EarJams turn your existing earbuds into in-ear style headphones. A sonic enhancing cone extends the sound directly into the ear and is protected and made comfortable by slip-on soft ear pads. Three sizes of removable pads are included for the perfect individual fit. The package also includes a small canvas carrying case. The new Griffin EarJams will be shown Tuesday at Apple Expo Paris and will ship in September for just $19.99.”

« Tunewear announces Tunemax battery pack case

Lost iPod tracking service »

Comments

When do we see some real reviews. Isn’t all this comment rather speculative (albeit the quality of speculation varies, but is still speculation). I’d rather adopt a wait and see attitude. - Viva la Bush (NOT).

Posted by tonyc on August 29, 2004 at 12:33 PM (PDT)

I agree with tonyc wait and hear what they are like before you start dissing or praising them. To me the design seems to be a good idea, as for the sound lest wait…

Posted by ishoot on August 29, 2004 at 2:41 PM (PDT)

I just don’t like how the extension on the EX71s pull on your left earbud.

Posted by Steve on August 30, 2004 at 12:25 PM (PDT)

On the other hand, the ipod earbuds are just fine.  Except they don’t offer that much bass.  And if you listen to your music VERY loudly…which some people do, can cause some click in the earbuds when u have bass booster on.  If you don’t listen loudly, don’t really bother to buy new headphones.

Posted by Steve on August 30, 2004 at 2:42 PM (PDT)

Griffin did come up wit a great idea with this…i will deffinately buy this after i get my ipod battery from PDA smart.

Posted by Steve on August 30, 2004 at 2:44 PM (PDT)

Hey Steve, kindly get back to me when you have purchased the iPod battery from PDA Smart will ya? My iPod battery is dying and I’m not too sure about the battery from store such like PDA Smart. Is it really that reliable? I wonder if there are any newer type of battery that can fuel my iPod to greater lengths!

Posted by Deep3lue on August 30, 2004 at 6:21 PM (PDT)

coppin these

Posted by ePod on August 31, 2004 at 3:30 PM (PDT)

Don’t know if anyone noticed this but on the Griffin site they are offering them for $15 if you pre-order ‘em now.  Very tempting.

Posted by Axe Sharpener on August 31, 2004 at 4:00 PM (PDT)

I use small Jabra Ear-Jels on my pod buds, the difference in sound quality is quite remarkable.

Posted by Xander on September 1, 2004 at 4:45 AM (PDT)

I just ordered a pair. $14.99 puls $5.00 shipping. I’ll let you know how they sound.

Posted by kevmck1 on September 3, 2004 at 5:06 AM (PDT)

Anyone looking for good earphones in canada,look
at the shure e2c they have at Long&Mcquade; $99.00.
I have dropped mine many times,no problems,
and they sound amazing,20 buks more than crappy sony ex 71 whatever pieces of waste your money!

Posted by iQpod on September 4, 2004 at 6:28 AM (PDT)

got a media “preview” pair -

definitely worth $20!

Posted by jp on September 7, 2004 at 2:06 PM (PDT)

I just bought some adapters.  They are much too big for small ears therefore more painful.  The sound quality is bettr tho….

Posted by Lorraine on August 31, 2009 at 12:08 PM (PDT)

Page 3 of 3 pages  <  1 2 3