Griffin announces iTrip mini FM Transmitter for iPod mini | iLounge News

Griffin announces iTrip mini FM Transmitter for iPod mini

pic

“Griffin Technology Inc, innovator of exciting hardware and software products for the Mac and PC market, today announced the iTrip mini FM Transmitter for Apple’s iPod mini. The new iTrip mini joins the iTrip line as one of the hottest iPod accessories in the world. The iTrip has received critical acclaim for its exclusive iPod-only features such as unlimited station frequencies tuned directly from the iPod and battery-free iPod mating design. The iTrip mini brings the entire list of award winning iTrip features to the iPod mini in a new, beautifully form-fitting mini design. Shipping in July, the iTrip mini is $39.99 with pre-orders being taken now at http://www.griffintechnology.com.

« Griffin iTalk voice recorder for $37.75

Apple readying 60GB iPod »

Comments

Very neat, although the form factor of the iTrip mini looks like it’s a bit larger than the original iTrip. However, I could see that it would take a little bit more space (vertically) to fit all the transmitter electronics in there.

Posted by Nick on June 2, 2004 at 7:22 AM (PDT)

FIIIIRST!!!
lol

nice much nicer than the 3g ipod one!
nice to see some progress in the axesories departement!!!

VIVA LA RESISTANCE!!!

Posted by wora on June 2, 2004 at 7:23 AM (PDT)

darn beat’n to it lol well 2nd and 3rd isnt bad!

god dont you hate pple who do this kinda stuff?
-off topic sorry(sleepy)

Posted by wora on June 2, 2004 at 7:24 AM (PDT)

yeah, it looks pretty sweet.  The sleek, flat design make the front look really nice, but it does seem to take up a lot of vertical space.  Overall though, I think it’s a great design.

Posted by Jeremy (from WI) on June 2, 2004 at 7:24 AM (PDT)

How does the iTrip compare to the Monster iCarPlay?

Posted by Christof on June 2, 2004 at 9:38 AM (PDT)

Though its true that the original iTrip for the 3g iPod works perfectly fine on the mini, its awkward positining (half of it hangs to the side) is solved by this new one. What an excellent product!

Posted by Sraphim on June 2, 2004 at 10:43 AM (PDT)

The one HUGE downside for me on the iTrip Mini is the same as the original iTrip. No place to plug in my iPod remote. Now I realize that many / most of you don’t need the remote. But I ride a motorcycle as my main vehicle and have a radio hooked up to a headset in my helmet so I can listen to music or audio books while I ride. Mainly as I commute to work and back each day on my motorcycle. I challenge anyone to use the iPod controls while wearing gloves and riding a motorcycle.

Posted by Sabon on June 2, 2004 at 11:42 AM (PDT)

ill pass on that offer sabon…id like very much to not die!!!!...be careful!

Posted by rivlinm on June 2, 2004 at 12:23 PM (PDT)

its sooooo cool. now everyone is focusin on minis. I am waitin for the next generation of ipod. the most inconvenience of mini is that the hard drive is too small. otherwise, its 100% perfect.

Posted by lol on June 2, 2004 at 2:17 PM (PDT)

It’s perfect!

Posted by MusicManiac on June 2, 2004 at 4:48 PM (PDT)

hopefully it will sound better than the 3g itrip

Posted by ok on June 2, 2004 at 5:34 PM (PDT)

Cool axcesorie. Lets just hope Griffin doesn’t take forever on shipping this one out. I pre-ordered the 3G I-Trip and it took more than a few months to get it in my hands. I was not a happy camper.

Posted by Ricardote on June 2, 2004 at 6:50 PM (PDT)

Thank god… this is what I’ve been waiting for to actually buy for my mini… this and a case that I like that iPodlounge gives good reviews… that’s all I ask… that’s it.

-Jody-

Posted by Jody on June 3, 2004 at 6:01 AM (PDT)

i’m definately buying one.  smile

Posted by dietrite on June 3, 2004 at 6:09 AM (PDT)

very nice. it seems a bit tall, but still great that it works well with the mini’s form factor.

Posted by Starboard on June 3, 2004 at 9:57 AM (PDT)

Posted by Jet3004 on June 3, 2004 at 11:06 PM (PDT)

I’ve got one on pre-order too.  Yea, having it match the mini’s color would be cool but would probably cost them a bundle to make for such a relatively inexpensive accessory.

Posted by beauport in Northern VA on June 4, 2004 at 4:27 AM (PDT)

...yeah, hardly! you really think there are that many people NOT buying because the color isnt the same? Do you only wear shirts that are the exact color as your pants? If so, you have bigger problems than the color of your iTrip

“Griffin would make a killing if the iTrip Mini came in the Mini colors…A KILLING…too bad for them…”

Posted by iTripYouTripWeALL TRIP! on June 4, 2004 at 10:16 AM (PDT)

I never said people wouldn’t buy them…Calm down, you are obviously the one with problems.

You can’t tell me it wouldn’t be more pleasing if they came in the Mini’s colors…

Posted by Jet3004 on June 4, 2004 at 6:20 PM (PDT)

I don’t like it, it is toooooo long, would just get in the way

Posted by -i2i- on June 5, 2004 at 1:00 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >