Griffin announces iTrip software for Windows | iLounge News

Griffin announces iTrip software for Windows

Today Griffin released iTunes for Windows iTrip software installer for the iTrip FM Transmitter. “This small free application automatically installs all available iTrip frequencies into iTunes for Windows. Users then have access to over 250 FM frequency options for the US, Japan and European countries - the most frequencies available to any iPod FM Transmitter in the world.”

« iPod, the new album - CDs going away?

Valentine 2 for 1 sale on Lajo exo cases »

Comments

does this mean iTrip just got better?  i.e 250 possible frequncies is better than before?

Posted by Daddo on February 13, 2004 at 12:06 PM (CST)

I think the 250 frequencies would include all countries.  This update would be good for globetrotting Poddies. ;)

Posted by Breathe on February 13, 2004 at 12:57 PM (CST)

whatever happened to the iFM!! it just up and disappeared.

Posted by Jaguares in Bay Area, Ca on February 13, 2004 at 1:17 PM (CST)

What if I don’t use itunes?

Posted by mark davis on February 13, 2004 at 1:24 PM (CST)

If you dont use itunes, the frequencies are on that same page, down the bottom. Download those seperately. Theyre mp3’s and you load them like regular mp3s. When you play them, they communicate with the itrip.

Posted by Zack on February 13, 2004 at 3:01 PM (CST)

So what came with my iTrip I bought 2 months ago? I thought it came with all available frequencies… Does this just add support for non-US countries? Does it do anything better for us here in the good ol’ USA?

Posted by Brett on February 13, 2004 at 9:10 PM (CST)

The difference is that this works with iTunes. Previously the Windows software was only available for MusicMatch and you had to import the playlists manually into iTunes. There were simple instructions on the Griffin website (I followed them and it worked OK) but I guess this is even easier…

Posted by Graham on February 15, 2004 at 5:45 AM (CST)

“What if I don’t use itunes?”

Why would you not? One should always use the best tool for the job.

Posted by Melangell on February 15, 2004 at 9:34 AM (CST)

Dudes, iTunes is okay but Media Centre rocks.

Posted by my tool is bigger than your tool on February 15, 2004 at 1:27 PM (CST)

What is the deal with the ITRIP? I can’t get my ipod remote to work after using the ITRIp.  Has anyone else seen this problem?

Posted by Michael Emery JR. on April 25, 2004 at 12:48 AM (CDT)

Has anyone heard about an iTrip for the Mini?  Is it supposed to be comming out?  Does the 3G one work on the mini (cept that would look awkward) Lemme know!

Sam.

Please e-mail me!

Posted by Sam ([email protected]) on May 28, 2004 at 12:20 AM (CDT)

I’m going to mexico tonight, and I have an itrip, does this mean that it WILL or WILL NOT work when in mexico, with their radio stations?

Posted by Shnook on June 11, 2005 at 6:29 PM (CDT)