Griffin announces PodPod cup holder cradle for iPods | iLounge News

Griffin announces PodPod cup holder cradle for iPods

picGriffin Technology today announced the Griffin PodPod. The soft foam Griffin PodPod slips into any auto cup holder and provides a safe secure ride for any iPod or iPod mini. It also places the iPod in comfortable reach for easy adjustment and perfect placement for the iPod or iPod mini with an iTrip on top. The PodPod will ship next month for only $9.99 and is being shown this week at Apple Expo Paris. Pre-orders are being accepted now at http://griffintechnology.com

« Update: New Bose SoundDock for iPod features wireless remote

iPod captures 58% market share in US »

Comments

By the looks of it, ipod w/ an iskin / exo / your flavor of protection wont fit too well. Too bad there is not an intergrated dock port. That would of made this the cat’s meow

Edit by Jeremy Horwitz, March 2005: iPodlounge has deleted a collection of negative and derogatory comments from “audiogeek” on our site, which we discovered have been posted by a writer for competing publications. As he has trolled and posted obnoxious comments in a number of threads, picking fights with our readers and editors, he has been banned from the site, and we strongly oppose his repeated mischaracterizations of various products and our editorial opinions. This comments thread was affected by his posts, and has therefore been modestly edited. If any of the other comments below do not make sense in the context of these deletions, we apologize.

Posted by brent on August 31, 2004 at 8:31 PM (CDT)

clever, all we need now is for 6 other companies to make one of these now

Posted by wow on August 31, 2004 at 9:58 PM (CDT)

This is retarded.  I hope this isn’t one of the ‘revolutionary’ Griffin releases.

Posted by Jayce on August 31, 2004 at 10:04 PM (CDT)

First the crappy RoadTrip, and now this? Griffin’s on a losing streak lately. What a waste of money. Just stick your iPod in the cup holder, and you’ve got the exact same thing as this.

Posted by Cad on August 31, 2004 at 10:26 PM (CDT)

What a great idea! Wait…it looks a little familiar.. shall we say: “TuneDok on the cheap”? Just when we thought Griffin were on top of things they come up with this thing.

Posted by wired on August 31, 2004 at 11:01 PM (CDT)

i agree, griffin seems to be splitting.
maybe they’re bringing out some fantabulously amazing product that will be so amazing, it doesn’t matter how crap these products are.

one can wish.

Posted by Harrison in Melbourne, Australia on August 31, 2004 at 11:57 PM (CDT)

Actually, I think it might not be that bad. I have the Belkin Tunedock and in my car it ends up sitting kind of high. When I turn or stop quick it always tips over. With this it seems like it might sit lower in my cup holder and keep it from tipping over. I have a 2G iPod so a dock connection isnt’ really necessary for me. I think this could be a nice alternative for some people.

Posted by NikeHead on September 1, 2004 at 12:55 AM (CDT)

I agree with everyone.  There is no way that this is one of the huge things that Griffin has up their sleeves.  They’re probably just waiting for the end of the Apple Expo to blow everyone away… and drive up sales for the other little things they’ve released.

Posted by Alden on September 1, 2004 at 12:56 AM (CDT)

I agree, just to be more popular.

Posted by mvague on September 1, 2004 at 7:29 AM (CDT)

I just ordered mine, its simple and seams the best for my truck

Posted by sergio on September 1, 2004 at 4:19 PM (CDT)

I don’t get it.

They make a thing to put your iPod in the cupholder of your car and a bunch of people’s panties are all in a wad because the thing can’t break the sound barrier or solve world hunger?

Believe you me, if Griffin or anyone else does make an iPod cup holder device that can solve world hunger, it will cost a lot more that $9.99.

Posted by cornfused on September 1, 2004 at 7:19 PM (CDT)

Look it’s $9.99, what do you expect?  This is a good simple solution to the belkin Tunedock.  I have something similar for cell phones, Volkswagen branded from the driver gear catalog.  It is foam like a can cozy, so it will squeeze to allow for a iSkin type case.

I’ve used the cell holder for over a year, and just love it.  I’ve considered buying another to modify for my ipod.  This is the answer to that.

Posted by Tony on September 2, 2004 at 12:20 AM (CDT)

This one is perfect for me. I drive an Audi TT and the cupholders are basically a piece of rubber and then aluminum wire that extends up and makes a circle like 4 inches up. This is to go with the car’s overall interior design and works for any cup that I want to put in there, but if I put an iPod in there, it will fall out the bottom, lol. That’s why I needed something cheap and simple, hence putting a cupholder dock into a cupholder, instead of just putting my iPod directly into the cupholder.

Posted by Kenni on December 17, 2007 at 12:09 AM (CST)