Griffin Announces RadioSHARK and iFire
Update: Griffin has informed us that they plan to incorporate a one-click ‘transfer to iPod’ button in the software which controls the RadioSHARK.
Want to record your favorite radio show and take it with you on your iPod? Griffin Technology has developed the RadioSHARK AM-FM radio for OS X that can record AM, FM or Internet radio to your hard disk in AIFF format. You can then transfer the AIFF file to your iPod for listening on-the-go. The RadioSHARK features similar technology used in TiVo known as ‘time-shift’ recording which allows you to “pause a live broadcast and then return to it moments, or even hours later and continue from where you left off. You can also schedule a recording to happen while you’re away and then listen to the show at a later time.” The RadioSHARK is available for pre-ordering for $49.99 and is expected to ship at end of summer 2003.
Also announced is the iFire Amplifier and Adaptor which allows any computer with FireWire to use Apple’s Pro Speakers, including iPod. The iFire is also available for preorder for $39.99 and is expected to ship end of summer. You can see both products first-hand at booth number #240 at Macworld NY.
GRIFFIN UNVEILS RadioSHARK AM-FM RADIO WITH TIME-SHIFT AND INTERNET RECORDING
Company Also Announces iFire Amplifier and Adaptor for Apple Pro Speakers
NEW YORK, NY
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
- Video Review: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0