Griffin debuts ‘08 iPod accessories
Griffin Technology has introduced several new and updated iPod and iPhone accessories for early 2008. The iTrip AutoPilot with SmartScan is a FM transmitter for the iPod and iPhone. It features music playback controls on the charging stem, RDS technology to show song information on RDS-enabled car radio displays, the SmartScan feature that automatically finds the three best FM frequencies, and also charges the attached iPod or iPhone. It will be available during the second quarter and will sell for $100. The company also introduced add-on speakers and charging bases for its Evolve Wireless Speaker System. Evolve lets users add a limitless number of speakers, and each speaker carries its own lithium-ion battery that can deliver up to 10 hours of playtime per charge. Users can play in mono mode to hear all the music through a single speaker, or pair additional speakers to the Base Station as either Right or Left channel stereo speakers. Along with new speakers, users can avoid overcrowding the charging station by adding a single speaker Charging Base. Evolve add-on speakers and charging bases will available in March as a bundle or individually. 2 speaker and charging base pairs will sell for $200, individual speakers and charging bases will run $100 and $30 each, respectively.
TuneBuds Mobile are an iPhone-compatible update to the company’s TuneBuds earphones, ofering users the same audio performance as the TuneBuds, while adding Griffin’s new ControlMic, a high-sensitivity microphone and control module featuring a single button to answer and end calls, and to play, skip, or pause music. TuneBuds Mobile will sell for $40 and will be available later this month.
The Griffin SmartTalk combines an iPhone-compatible headphone adapter with a noise-canceling microphone and a control module, allowing users to retain all the functionality of their iPhone while using their existing headphones or earphones. SmartTalk is available now and sells for $20. The company’s PowerJolt SE is a simple one-piece car charger featuring compatibility with all docking iPods and the iPhone. It will be available in March for $20.
In addition to its iPod-specific accessories, Griffin also announced three universal USB charging accessories. The PowerBlock Dual Universal is an updated version of its PowerBlock AC charger, featuring two USB charging ports and a built-in LED. It will be available in late February for $25. The PowerJolt Universal is a car charger featuring an LED status light and a single USB charging port; it will be available in March for $15. Finally, the PowerDuo Universal combines the PowerBlock Dual Universal AC adapter and the PowerJolt Universal car USB charger into a single package. It will also be available in March, and is priced at $35.
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Samsonite acquires Speck Products for $85 million
- Beats introduces new Solo2 headphones
- Apple confirms Beats Electronics acquisition for $3 billion
- Blog spotlights risks in cheap, counterfeit iPad chargers
- Gibson buys Philips’ Apple accessory brand, Woox Innovations
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Apple faces class action suit in California for labor violations
- Apple, AT&T now sending $40 checks to some iPad 3G owners
- Apple denies iOS “back door” access in new report
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q3 2014: 35.2M iPhones, 13.3M iPads, 2.9M iPods, $37.4B revenue
- Simpsons World, FXNOW coming to Apple TV?
- WSJ: Apple asking suppliers to make 70-80M new iPhones this year
- Apple ‘iTime’ patent includes wristband sensors
- Tips app debuts in iOS 8 beta 4
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads