Griffin debuts range of accessories at CES
Griffin Technology has debuted a wide range of accessories for the iPod, iPhone, and iPad at the 2011 International CES. The RoadTrip HandsFree is the latest version of Griffin’s in-car solution, offering a flexible mounting arm for the iPod and iPhone, a built-in FM transmitter, SmartScan automatic station discovery, user-programmable presets, tactile remote control buttons, a built-in microphone, and Bluetooth handsfree functionality that allows users to receive and play calls over the auto’s speakers even if a different device is occupying the built-in dock. RoadTrip HandsFree will be available this month and will sell for $100. The BlueTrip DualConnect is another handsfree in-car solution, featuring a small stem that plugs into a 12 volt accessory power outlet, and the choice between broadcasting music via the built-in FM transmitter or playing audio through the car’s AUX port. Other features include Bluetooth for audio streaming and telephony, and a built-in microphone. The BlueTrip DualConnect will be available in the first quarter and will sell for $100. The Beacon Universal Remote is a tabletop accessory that pairs with users’ iOS devices over Bluetooth, allowing for remote control—via Dijit’s Universal Remote App—of TVs, cable boxes, and other home entertainment components. The Beacon Universal Remote will be available in May and will sell for $80.
The Arrowhead is a two-piece mobile stand for the iPad and other tablet devices. Compatible with most cases, the Arrowhead consistes of two weighted “feet” that provide a stable platform and feature no-skid pads on the bottom and top, support for portrait or landscape orientations, and internal magnets to hold the two pieces together when not in use. Griffin’s Arrowhead stand for the iPad and other tablets will be available in the first quarter and will sell for $20. The Xpo is also a tablet stand, featuring a folding design, padded non-slip surfaces for a secure grip, the ability to hold a tablet in horizontal or vertical orientation, and a low-inclined holding angle for text input. The Xpo will be available in the first quarter and will sell for $30. Finally, the Wedge is yet another stand option for the iPad and other tablets, featuring aluminum construction, foldable design, included storage sheath, padded, non-slip bottom and cradle surfaces, the ability to lock into three different positions, and a flip-out foot grip for added stability. The Wedge will also be available in the first quarter and will sell for $40.
- Withings unveils Activité fitness tracking watch
- Adobe intros Ink and Slide iPad accessories, new apps
- Adonit releases Jot Touch with Pixelpoint stylus
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Parrot announces MiniDrone release dates, pricing
- Report: Apple plans Lightning cable MFi headphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Apple faces class action suit in California for labor violations
- Apple, AT&T now sending $40 checks to some iPad 3G owners
- Apple denies iOS “back door” access in new report
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q3 2014: 35.2M iPhones, 13.3M iPads, 2.9M iPods, $37.4B revenue
- Simpsons World, FXNOW coming to Apple TV?
- WSJ: Apple asking suppliers to make 70-80M new iPhones this year
- Apple ‘iTime’ patent includes wristband sensors
- Tips app debuts in iOS 8 beta 4
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads