Griffin debuts range of accessories at CES
Griffin Technology has debuted a wide range of accessories for the iPod, iPhone, and iPad at the 2011 International CES. The RoadTrip HandsFree is the latest version of Griffin’s in-car solution, offering a flexible mounting arm for the iPod and iPhone, a built-in FM transmitter, SmartScan automatic station discovery, user-programmable presets, tactile remote control buttons, a built-in microphone, and Bluetooth handsfree functionality that allows users to receive and play calls over the auto’s speakers even if a different device is occupying the built-in dock. RoadTrip HandsFree will be available this month and will sell for $100. The BlueTrip DualConnect is another handsfree in-car solution, featuring a small stem that plugs into a 12 volt accessory power outlet, and the choice between broadcasting music via the built-in FM transmitter or playing audio through the car’s AUX port. Other features include Bluetooth for audio streaming and telephony, and a built-in microphone. The BlueTrip DualConnect will be available in the first quarter and will sell for $100. The Beacon Universal Remote is a tabletop accessory that pairs with users’ iOS devices over Bluetooth, allowing for remote control—via Dijit’s Universal Remote App—of TVs, cable boxes, and other home entertainment components. The Beacon Universal Remote will be available in May and will sell for $80.
The Arrowhead is a two-piece mobile stand for the iPad and other tablet devices. Compatible with most cases, the Arrowhead consistes of two weighted “feet” that provide a stable platform and feature no-skid pads on the bottom and top, support for portrait or landscape orientations, and internal magnets to hold the two pieces together when not in use. Griffin’s Arrowhead stand for the iPad and other tablets will be available in the first quarter and will sell for $20. The Xpo is also a tablet stand, featuring a folding design, padded non-slip surfaces for a secure grip, the ability to hold a tablet in horizontal or vertical orientation, and a low-inclined holding angle for text input. The Xpo will be available in the first quarter and will sell for $30. Finally, the Wedge is yet another stand option for the iPad and other tablets, featuring aluminum construction, foldable design, included storage sheath, padded, non-slip bottom and cradle surfaces, the ability to lock into three different positions, and a flip-out foot grip for added stability. The Wedge will also be available in the first quarter and will sell for $40.
- Google omits HealthKit support from Android Wear iOS app
- Google releases iOS app that links some Android Wear watches to newer iPhones
- Philips introduces dimmer remote kit for Hue lights
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Logitech debuts Logi BLOK cases for iPad Air 2
- Report: iPad Pro to be official name of large iPad, more details revealed
- Mozilla begins rollout of Firefox for iOS preview
- Google releases Google Street View app for iOS
- Apple admits Apple Music still needs work, says iTunes downloads remain strong
- Judge approves $415M settlement in anti-poaching lawsuit
- Report: Apple to debut ‘iPad Pro’ on Sept. 9
- iPhone 6S to use 7000 series aluminum from Apple Watch Sport
- CBS Sports to stream Super Bowl 50, select NFL games on Apple TV
- Report: New Apple TV gets A8 chip, but not 4K support
- Report: New Apple TV will feature universal search, cost $149
- Divoom AuraBox Bluetooth Speaker
- Belkin WeMo + OSRAM Lightify White Tunable Starter Set
- Logitech Logi BLOK cases for iPad mini + iPad Air 2
- IK Multimedia iKlip Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?