Griffin debuts range of accessories at CES
Griffin Technology has debuted a wide range of accessories for the iPod, iPhone, and iPad at the 2011 International CES. The RoadTrip HandsFree is the latest version of Griffin’s in-car solution, offering a flexible mounting arm for the iPod and iPhone, a built-in FM transmitter, SmartScan automatic station discovery, user-programmable presets, tactile remote control buttons, a built-in microphone, and Bluetooth handsfree functionality that allows users to receive and play calls over the auto’s speakers even if a different device is occupying the built-in dock. RoadTrip HandsFree will be available this month and will sell for $100. The BlueTrip DualConnect is another handsfree in-car solution, featuring a small stem that plugs into a 12 volt accessory power outlet, and the choice between broadcasting music via the built-in FM transmitter or playing audio through the car’s AUX port. Other features include Bluetooth for audio streaming and telephony, and a built-in microphone. The BlueTrip DualConnect will be available in the first quarter and will sell for $100. The Beacon Universal Remote is a tabletop accessory that pairs with users’ iOS devices over Bluetooth, allowing for remote control—via Dijit’s Universal Remote App—of TVs, cable boxes, and other home entertainment components. The Beacon Universal Remote will be available in May and will sell for $80.
The Arrowhead is a two-piece mobile stand for the iPad and other tablet devices. Compatible with most cases, the Arrowhead consistes of two weighted “feet” that provide a stable platform and feature no-skid pads on the bottom and top, support for portrait or landscape orientations, and internal magnets to hold the two pieces together when not in use. Griffin’s Arrowhead stand for the iPad and other tablets will be available in the first quarter and will sell for $20. The Xpo is also a tablet stand, featuring a folding design, padded non-slip surfaces for a secure grip, the ability to hold a tablet in horizontal or vertical orientation, and a low-inclined holding angle for text input. The Xpo will be available in the first quarter and will sell for $30. Finally, the Wedge is yet another stand option for the iPad and other tablets, featuring aluminum construction, foldable design, included storage sheath, padded, non-slip bottom and cradle surfaces, the ability to lock into three different positions, and a flip-out foot grip for added stability. The Wedge will also be available in the first quarter and will sell for $40.
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Most screen protectors should work with 3D Touch
- Incipio acquires Incase
- Zagg announces iPad Pro, iPad mini 4 keyboard lineup
- Logitech announces Create keyboard for iPad Pro
- Numerous companies debut iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus cases
- Apple TV, iPad Pro to be sold online in late October, in stores early November?
- iBooks adds exclusive enhanced editions of Harry Potter series
- Report: Barclays to launch Apple Pay support in the UK early next year
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Antitrust monitor: Apple is ‘its own worst enemy’
- Report: Apple holding $181.1 billion in offshore tax havens
- Apple releases fourth iOS 9.1 beta, third tvOS beta to developers
- Apple taking reservations for new iPhones in six European countries
- Apple adds transit directions for Boston, Sydney
- Apple acquires artificial intelligence firm Perceptio
- Parrot Jumping Night and Jumping Race Drones
- Trident Case Aegis Pro Case for iPhone 6/6s
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Speck CandyShell Clear and CandyShell Inked Jonathan Adler for iPhone 6/6s
- BenQ treVolo Bluetooth Portable Electrostatic Speaker
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?