Griffin debuts range of accessories at CES
Griffin Technology has debuted a wide range of accessories for the iPod, iPhone, and iPad at the 2011 International CES. The RoadTrip HandsFree is the latest version of Griffin’s in-car solution, offering a flexible mounting arm for the iPod and iPhone, a built-in FM transmitter, SmartScan automatic station discovery, user-programmable presets, tactile remote control buttons, a built-in microphone, and Bluetooth handsfree functionality that allows users to receive and play calls over the auto’s speakers even if a different device is occupying the built-in dock. RoadTrip HandsFree will be available this month and will sell for $100. The BlueTrip DualConnect is another handsfree in-car solution, featuring a small stem that plugs into a 12 volt accessory power outlet, and the choice between broadcasting music via the built-in FM transmitter or playing audio through the car’s AUX port. Other features include Bluetooth for audio streaming and telephony, and a built-in microphone. The BlueTrip DualConnect will be available in the first quarter and will sell for $100. The Beacon Universal Remote is a tabletop accessory that pairs with users’ iOS devices over Bluetooth, allowing for remote control—via Dijit’s Universal Remote App—of TVs, cable boxes, and other home entertainment components. The Beacon Universal Remote will be available in May and will sell for $80.
The Arrowhead is a two-piece mobile stand for the iPad and other tablet devices. Compatible with most cases, the Arrowhead consistes of two weighted “feet” that provide a stable platform and feature no-skid pads on the bottom and top, support for portrait or landscape orientations, and internal magnets to hold the two pieces together when not in use. Griffin’s Arrowhead stand for the iPad and other tablets will be available in the first quarter and will sell for $20. The Xpo is also a tablet stand, featuring a folding design, padded non-slip surfaces for a secure grip, the ability to hold a tablet in horizontal or vertical orientation, and a low-inclined holding angle for text input. The Xpo will be available in the first quarter and will sell for $30. Finally, the Wedge is yet another stand option for the iPad and other tablets, featuring aluminum construction, foldable design, included storage sheath, padded, non-slip bottom and cradle surfaces, the ability to lock into three different positions, and a flip-out foot grip for added stability. The Wedge will also be available in the first quarter and will sell for $40.
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Don’t miss our Best of the Year Awards 2014
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015