Griffin debuts TuneFlex for full-size iPods | iLounge News

Griffin debuts TuneFlex for full-size iPods

image

Griffin Technology today announced a new version of its TuneFlex for full-size iPods. Like the company’s TuneFlex for the iPod nano, the new TuneFlex, designed for fourth and fifth-generation iPods, is a dock and charger designed for use in automobiles. The TuneFlex featues a flexible steel neck, a pass-through dock connector, a built-in 1/8” stereo line-out audio jack, and a low/high audio output switch. The accessory also comes with its own cassette tape adapter. The TuneFlex for full-size iPods is priced at $50.

« Logitech Wireless DJ Music System announced

Bob Dylan album pre-order, digital box set offered on iTunes »

Comments

Uh… I was just browsing Griffin’s site yesterday and this was on there. How do you figure they announced it today?

Posted by Alex on August 8, 2006 at 8:16 AM (PDT)

Like most docks, this one seems to also not support a case of any sort.  Removing and replacing your iPod in a case each time takes away a lot of the convenience of a dedicated dock.

You’d think that since Griffin is also selling cases that they’d at least support using it in on of their own cases.

Posted by Mike on August 8, 2006 at 11:32 AM (PDT)

You are so right.  Nothing ticks me off more than the whole case issue.  I have a Griffin Road Trip and I hate that I have to take my ipod from its case everytime I want to use it.  You would think they would smarten up.

Posted by Josh on August 8, 2006 at 1:04 PM (PDT)

compared to the very good TEN FlexibleDock (that accepts also the Nano and Mini) nothing new under the sun.

Posted by Casper van Gijn on August 8, 2006 at 11:51 PM (PDT)

Casper, actually I have been thinking about purchasing the Ten’s dock but was hoping Griffin would release one.

The thing griffin has over Ten is it’s pass through dock connector allowing you to still attach another accessory to your ipod even while it’s docked.

Posted by 3rdEye on August 9, 2006 at 8:54 AM (PDT)

too little, too late. I just got the Belkin auto charger.

Posted by karmafan on August 10, 2006 at 8:58 AM (PDT)

I’d considered it if their cassette adapter was like SmartDeck.

Posted by Gordy. in Atlanta, GA on August 10, 2006 at 10:04 AM (PDT)

There is a passthrough dock connector on this…cool.  So I can use SmartDeck with it.  I may buy this.

Posted by Gordy. in Atlanta, GA on August 10, 2006 at 10:08 AM (PDT)