Griffin EarJams now shipping | iLounge News

Griffin EarJams now shipping

picGriffin Technology today announced it has begun shipping the Griffin EarJams. Introduced this summer at Mac Expo in Paris, EarJams snap onto your iPod’s existing earbud-style headphones and “significantly increase the bass output, volume level and comfort.” A sonic enhancing cone transmits the sound directly into the ear, according to the company, while slip-on soft ear pads are provided for protection and comfort. The new Griffin EarJams retail for $14.99.

« Belkin introduces TuneBase FM

myPower all-in-one accessory powers, syncs iPod »

Comments

If anyone has used this, please provide feedback.

I’m truly curious to find out about usability factor from an everyday user.

Thanks.

Posted by mflat5 in USA on November 2, 2004 at 8:36 AM (PDT)

i’ll stick with my er-6i’s

Posted by todd2fst4u in San Jose, CA USA on November 2, 2004 at 4:58 PM (PDT)

I’ll let you know how they perform…....that is when then actually ship since Griffin tells me:  “We cannot process the order, however, due to the following problem:
One or more of the items you ordered is backordered.”

Posted by miketex on November 3, 2004 at 11:37 AM (PDT)

Do they work as advertised?
Has anyone received theirs yet?

Anyone?
Anyone?
Bueller?

Posted by sf addict in NoVA-USA on November 21, 2004 at 12:28 PM (PDT)

I’ve been using the ear jams for about two weeks now. They deliver the promised “enhanced bass” in a low tech way. they simply funnel the sound deeper into your ear canal, much like when you push on the ear bud with your finger. They ship with three sizes of rubber sleeves that I guess must fit snugly into someone’s ears, but not mine. With the clip on ear jam, the whole ear bud is now bigger and kind of rests tenuously in my ears. They don’t fall out too easily, but aren’t exactly snug either. I would save your money and apply it to the Sony ear buds.

Posted by Sbcantor on December 12, 2004 at 9:41 PM (PDT)

Iv’ed tried so many different in ear buds and they all are too big for my ear canal. News flash!!! These earjams
are the best ipod accessory i have bought. They fit perfectly
the sound is better their is more bass and very comfortable.
I wear these buds 3 or 4 hours a day. Thank you Griffin. i wish i had thought of it!

Posted by pauly on December 4, 2005 at 9:16 PM (PDT)

I have ear jams alot in my daily commute.
This morning I lost one of the Ear Pads… YIKES, where on earth do you get a replacement?

Posted by Doug on April 12, 2006 at 5:45 PM (PDT)