Griffin iFM Radio for iPod canceled
iLounger Larry W. has informed us that Griffin Technology has announced it has canceled the production of the iFM Radio for iPod in an email to customers who pre-ordered. The Griffin website has also removed the iFM from its products page. Click ‘Read more’ for the letter from Griffin.
Griffin Technology Customer Note
The Griffin iFM Radio for iPod has been canceled…
We regret to inform you that production of the iFM has been canceled. You are receiving this because you had pre-ordered the Griffin iFM Radio for iPod.
Here are answers to a few additional questions you may have:
Why was iFM canceled?
There were two basic reasons we were forced to cancel production of the iFM.
First, the iFM for the original iPod relied on the iPod’s Wired Remote Control. This part is no longer available separately from Apple for the Original iPods. Although some of the original iPod models came with the Remote, others would need this part separately. Buying a new Remote is no longer possible because Apple has discontinued it,
Second, producing the iFM for the new 3G iPods proved to be impossible due to technical changes in the new models. Although the iFM was initially designed for the original FireWire iPods many of our customers owned the newer iPods and desired the iFM for their model.
The combination of these two factors forced us to have to cancel the iFM for both iPod models completely.
Why are you just canceling the iFM now? What took so long?
We have been working very hard to find a solution for the iFM for the new 3G iPods. It was our desire to release for both iFM models at the same time. When
we exhausted all possible solutions for the 3G iFM - that’s when we were forced to make this difficult decision.
Are any of the iFM prototypes available?
Sorry, but no.
Are there any plans to make another kind of FM radio for the iPod?
Maybe… Some new possibilities do exist. However, nothing is close enough to talk about yet. If you want to stay informed of any new developments at Griffin
you can sign up to receive our email alerts here (in the right sidebar): http://griffintechnology.com/products/
- Study finds half of kids headphones exceed safe volume limits
- Report: 99 percent of fake Apple chargers found to be unsafe
- Apple releases PowerBeats3 Wireless earphones
- Apple Watch Nike+ Edition coming Oct. 28, AirPods still ‘late October’
- Sonos speakers available on Apple’s online store today, in Apple Stores next month
- Apple also bringing W1 chip to new lineup of Beats headphones
- Report: AirPods delay due to problems with wireless audio synchronization
- Apple offering hands-on demos of Super Mario Run in stores
- Report: Apple pursuing studio agreements for early movie rentals
- Apple releases seventh beta of iOS 10.2 to developers
- Apple makes its picks for best iPhone, iPad and Apple TV apps of 2016
- Apple acknowledges Apple Music now includes ‘all the benefits of iTunes Match’
- Apple Music tops 20 million subscribers
- Apple blames ‘external factors’ for iPhone fires in China
- Rumor: 2017 iPhones won’t include glass chassis or wireless charging; will add red color
- Top Apple supplier Foxconn planning U.S. investment
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- iHome iPLWBT5 Docking Clock Radio for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Brydge 12.9 iPad Pro Keyboard
- Sen.se GuardPeanut
- iHome iZBT10 Zenergy Bedside Sleep Therapy Speaker
- Twelve South HiRise Duet for Apple Watch and iPhone
- IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor
- JBL Under Armour Sport Wireless Heart Rate Headphones
- Edifier e235 Luna E Speaker System
- Clamcase ClamCase+ for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10