Griffin iFM Radio for iPod canceled
iLounger Larry W. has informed us that Griffin Technology has announced it has canceled the production of the iFM Radio for iPod in an email to customers who pre-ordered. The Griffin website has also removed the iFM from its products page. Click ‘Read more’ for the letter from Griffin.
Griffin Technology Customer Note
The Griffin iFM Radio for iPod has been canceled…
We regret to inform you that production of the iFM has been canceled. You are receiving this because you had pre-ordered the Griffin iFM Radio for iPod.
Here are answers to a few additional questions you may have:
Why was iFM canceled?
There were two basic reasons we were forced to cancel production of the iFM.
First, the iFM for the original iPod relied on the iPod’s Wired Remote Control. This part is no longer available separately from Apple for the Original iPods. Although some of the original iPod models came with the Remote, others would need this part separately. Buying a new Remote is no longer possible because Apple has discontinued it,
Second, producing the iFM for the new 3G iPods proved to be impossible due to technical changes in the new models. Although the iFM was initially designed for the original FireWire iPods many of our customers owned the newer iPods and desired the iFM for their model.
The combination of these two factors forced us to have to cancel the iFM for both iPod models completely.
Why are you just canceling the iFM now? What took so long?
We have been working very hard to find a solution for the iFM for the new 3G iPods. It was our desire to release for both iFM models at the same time. When
we exhausted all possible solutions for the 3G iFM - that’s when we were forced to make this difficult decision.
Are any of the iFM prototypes available?
Sorry, but no.
Are there any plans to make another kind of FM radio for the iPod?
Maybe… Some new possibilities do exist. However, nothing is close enough to talk about yet. If you want to stay informed of any new developments at Griffin
you can sign up to receive our email alerts here (in the right sidebar): http://griffintechnology.com/products/
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Monster: Apple booted us from MFi program over Beats lawsuit
- Report: Apple killed Beats home audio project after acquisition
- Parrot announces 13 new Minidrones
- Apple issues recall of Beats Pill XL speaker
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Apple exploring person-to-person Apple Pay transactions?
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?