Griffin iTalk Voice Recorder now shipping
Griffin Announces iTalk Voice Recorder for iPod Now Shipping
Exclusive features include external microphone input and headphone play-through
NASHVILLE, TN - April 22, 2004. Griffin Technology, Inc, innovator of exciting accessories for iPod like the iTrip, today announced the iTalk Voice Recorder for the iPod is now shipping - on schedule. This stylish accessory snaps directly on top of the iPod and turns it into a fully functional voice recorder and playback device. In addition to it’s superior built in microphone and internal speaker; the iTalk has a connector that supports both headphone monitoring and the use of an external microphone. Recording control is handled directly on the iPod and recording time is limited only by the iPod’s size. The iTalk retails for $39.99 and is available now at http://www.griffintechnology.com
“We’re very excited to be shipping the Griffin iTalk iPod Voice Recorder. It’s the next ‘must-have’ iPod accessory from Griffin and a great follow up to our wildly popular iTrip FM Transmitter. Our iPod customers love extending their iPods and the Griffin iTalk takes that to the extreme - turning an iPod into a super cool, easy to use, iTunes syncing Voice Recorder. Our customers are going to love it.” said Andrew Green, VP Marketing & Design at Griffin Technology.
With iTalk connected to an iPod, users can record literally thousands of hours of seminars, meetings, classes, etc. An iTalk on top of a powered 40 Gig iPod could record for a whole month! Its built in microphone was designed to record crystal clear audio. Automatic Gain Control assures that the best possible signal level is achieved; from up close voice memos to a keynote speaker 100 feet away. For even higher quality recordings users can connect an external microphone directly to iTalk via a mini-jack connection on top of the unit.
The iTalk can play back recordings through its very capable integrated speaker. It is loud enough to fill a small office with sound or be heard in a car - making it a great solution for listening to audio books or sharing the playback of a previously recorded meeting. However iTalk also includes a pass-through headphone jack that allows monitoring of voice recording or listening to music without having to remove iTalk from the iPod. Users can also download recordings to their computer for playback or archiving.
Pricing & Availability
The iTalk Voice Recorder for iPod is priced $39.99 USD and is now shipping, as scheduled, in April 2004. Orders can be placed at http://www.griffintechnology.com
- Apple adds ‘Beats by Dr. Dre’ section to online store
- Magellan intros Echo Fit sports smart watch
- Apple posts official Beats welcome announcement
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Samsonite acquires Speck Products for $85 million
- Beats introduces new Solo2 headphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps of the Week: Star Walk 2, Swing Copters, Vine 2.5 + more
- Apple releases new iTunes 12 beta
- Alleged rear shell for 5.5” iPhone 6 leaked
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- NFL Now channel comes to Apple TV
- New iPhone 6 schematic leak shows protruding camera lens
- Mercedes, Volvo delay CarPlay support until 2015
- iOS 8 beta suggests 1472x828 resolution, more icons for iPhone 6 Home Screen?
- Report: Apple releases iOS 8 beta 6 to testing partners
- Sprint announces Family Share Pack data plans
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- Go Design TravelCard Charger
- OtterBox Agility Tablet System for iPad Air
- SwitchEasy B’Spoke for iPad Air
- Kero Products Nomad Cable Lightning
- Juno Labs Juno Power Junojumpr
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today