Griffin: New iTrip Now Shipping
Today Griffin Technology announced that the new iTrip for 3G iPods is now shipping. “The new model ($35) improves upon its predecessor with an even sleeker body style, new power saving features and a red LED light to match the new iPods red backlight perfectly.” As reported earlier, Grifffin has also officially released over 100 new international frequencies for use on original and new iTrips.
NASHVILLE, TN - October 6, 2003. Griffin Technology Inc, innovator of exciting hardware and software products for the Mac and PC market, today announced the NEW iTrip FM Transmitter for third generation iPods has begun shipping. Announced this summer, the new iTrip is similar to the Original iTrip and retains its most popular features like unlimited station frequencies and battery-free iPod mating design. The new model improves upon its predecessor with an even sleeker body style, new power saving features and a red LED light to match the new iPods red backlight perfectly. Now shipping, the new iTrip is $35 and is available directly from Griffin Technology at http://www.griffintechnology.com
The iTrip has several ‘one of a kind’ design innovations found nowhere else. Ultra compact in size, the iTrip rests atop the iPod and attaches securely to the headphone jack without any cable mess. The iTrip is controlled by the iPod itself and can broadcast to over 200 possible frequencies on the FM dial. The iTrip also saves batteries ’ because it doesn’t use any. It draws its minimal power directly from the iPod and automatically shuts off after 60 seconds without music. This latest iTrip contains new power saving features that keeps the iTrip in sleep mode until music is actually being played ’ at which time the iTrip automatically comes on.
“We’ve been overwhelmed by the pre-release interest in the new iTrip.” said Van Thompson, VP - Production for Griffin Technology. “It’s going to take a few weeks to catch up with every order up but I think our customers will find the wait worth it. The iTrip is one of the finest overall products we’ve ever released.”
Also released today are over 100 new international iTrip frequencies that are compatible with both original and new iTrips. Two new packets of frequencies are available now to download at http://www.griffintechnology.com These include a European iTrip frequency packet that contains both odd and even frequencies from 88.0 to 108.0. The other iTrip packet contains both odd and even frequencies from 76.0 to 90.0. Any iTrip owner can use any of these frequencies by simply dragging and dropping the selected frequencies into their iTrip stations playlist.
Pricing & Availability
The new iTrip - FM Transmitter for the iPod is priced $35 USD and is available now. The iTrip can be purchased directly from Griffin at http://www.griffintechnology.com and at finer computer outlets everywhere.
New iTrip Frequencies are free and can be downloaded at http://www.griffintechnology.com
- Philips announces Hue Lux and Hue Tap
- ReSound Linx MFi hearing aid launches
- Mad Catz unveils C.T.R.L.i iOS controller
- Fitbit pulls, recalls Force fitness tracker
- Bose debuts SoundLink Bluetooth speaker III
- Scosche releases MagicMount system for iOS devices
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple, others settle poaching antitrust suit
- Some iOS 6 users must upgrade to iOS 7 to fix FaceTime
- Apps: Bonsai Slice, Bounsy, IMDb 4.2 + The Weather Channel 6.0
- Cook: New products ‘closer,’ mobile payments ‘really interesting’
- Prong debuts Prong PWR Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2014 earnings call
- Apple announces 7:1 stock split, increased share buyback, dividends
- Apple Q2 2014: 43.7M iPhones, 16.3M iPads, 2.7M iPods
- Former employee says Apple left iOS users vulnerable
- Siri coming to Apple TV?
- Logitech Turnaround for iPad Air
- Logitech Hinge for iPad Air
- Ele eleMount
- Divoom Voombox Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Pelican ProGear Voyager for iPhone 5/5s
- ZeroChroma Vario-Edge for iPhone 5/5c/5s + Vortex for iPhone 5c
- JBL Synchros S300i Stereo Headphones
- AKG K845BT Over-Ear Bluetooth Headset
- JBL Voyager Home Audio System With Portable Wireless Speaker
- Harman Kardon Esquire Executive Portable Wireless Speaker
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac