Griffin rolls out new accessories for iPad
Griffin Technology has rolled out its new line of fall accessories for the iPad. Griffin’s updated lineup includes the Standle, a hard-shell iPad case with a stand for landscape use that doubles as a handle, a large portrait stand that swings backward, allowing the iPad to be used with Apple’s iPad and Keyboard Docks without the need to remove the device from the case, and cut outs for open access to all ports and controls. It sells for $50. The AirStrap is a molded plastic case offering contoured surfaces for easy gripping and a wide neoprene strap on the rear for additional security when using the device with one hand; it also offers full access to all ports and controls and sells for $50.
The Cabinet Mount is a semi-permanent iPad mounting solution consisting of a swiveling, adjustable mount that attaches to the side or underside of any cabinet 14 inches or deeper, a custom-designed bracket that securely grips the iPad, and included installation hardware; it sells for $50, while the Elan Folio is a synthetic leather folio-style case featuring a front flap that doubles as a stand and open access to all ports and controls for $50. Finally, the WaveStand is a simple, device-agnostic tablet table stand featuring non-slip inner surfaces to securely hold the inserted device and an adjustable base that slides out for extra support when needed. It sells for $20; all of Griffin’s new accessories for iPad are available now.
- Adobe intros Ink and Slide iPad accessories, new apps
- Adonit releases Jot Touch with Pixelpoint stylus
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Parrot announces MiniDrone release dates, pricing
- Report: Apple plans Lightning cable MFi headphones
- Samsonite acquires Speck Products for $85 million
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q3 2014: 35.2M iPhones, 13.3M iPads, 2.9M iPods, $37.4B revenue
- Simpsons World, FXNOW coming to Apple TV?
- WSJ: Apple asking suppliers to make 70-80M new iPhones this year
- Apple ‘iTime’ patent includes wristband sensors
- Tips app debuts in iOS 8 beta 4
- iTunes 12 makes its first appearance with iOS-style design
- Apple releases fourth beta of iOS 8
- Forensic scientist notes iOS ‘back doors’
- Eighth annual iTunes Festival announced
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads