Griffin rolls out new cases for updated iPod family
Griffin Technology has announced its latest cases, designed for the recently announced iPod touch, iPod classic, and third-generation iPod nano. The iClear for iPod touch, classic, and third-generation iPod nano is a clear two-piece polycarbonate case that offers access to the Dock Connector, headphone port, and hold switch, as well as the Click Wheel on the iPod classic and nano, and touch screen on iPod touch. The iClear will sell for $20. The Griffin Reflect is a mirror-finished polycarbonate case that effectively hides the iPod nano or classic’s screen when not in use. Features include Click Wheel access for the nano and classic models, touch screen access for the touch model, and a rubberized case back for added grip. The Griffin Reflect for iPod nano, classic, and touch is priced at $25.
The Griffin Elan Convertible is a leather flip-top case with a removable flipcover that doubles as a stand. It features a clear screen protector, microfiber lining, and a removable clip. The Elan Convertible will be available for the iPod nano, iPod classic, and iPod touch; it is priced at $25. The Elan Form is a hard shell leather case that uses a combination of leather and polycarbonate construction. It provides access to the Click Wheel or touch screen, Dock Connector, headphone port and hold switch. The Elan Form will come in models for the new iPod nano, classic, and touch, all three models will sell for $30. The Griffin Streamline will also be updated for the new line, with a model to fit the third-generation iPod nano, as well as a model for the new iPod classic and iPod touch. It features a full-face screen protector, reflective trim, and a washable, two-way adjustable band. $30. Finally, Griffin also plans the release of the Courier for iPod classic and touch, a “utility case” designed to wrap onto a backpack or shoulderbag strap. Features include a carabiner clip, hidden zippered pocket, a second flapped pocket, and compression-molded EVA outer casing. It will sell for $35. The new line of Griffin cases for third-generation iPod nano, iPod classic, and iPod touch will be available in October.
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?