Griffin rolls out new cases for updated iPod family
Griffin Technology has announced its latest cases, designed for the recently announced iPod touch, iPod classic, and third-generation iPod nano. The iClear for iPod touch, classic, and third-generation iPod nano is a clear two-piece polycarbonate case that offers access to the Dock Connector, headphone port, and hold switch, as well as the Click Wheel on the iPod classic and nano, and touch screen on iPod touch. The iClear will sell for $20. The Griffin Reflect is a mirror-finished polycarbonate case that effectively hides the iPod nano or classic’s screen when not in use. Features include Click Wheel access for the nano and classic models, touch screen access for the touch model, and a rubberized case back for added grip. The Griffin Reflect for iPod nano, classic, and touch is priced at $25.
The Griffin Elan Convertible is a leather flip-top case with a removable flipcover that doubles as a stand. It features a clear screen protector, microfiber lining, and a removable clip. The Elan Convertible will be available for the iPod nano, iPod classic, and iPod touch; it is priced at $25. The Elan Form is a hard shell leather case that uses a combination of leather and polycarbonate construction. It provides access to the Click Wheel or touch screen, Dock Connector, headphone port and hold switch. The Elan Form will come in models for the new iPod nano, classic, and touch, all three models will sell for $30. The Griffin Streamline will also be updated for the new line, with a model to fit the third-generation iPod nano, as well as a model for the new iPod classic and iPod touch. It features a full-face screen protector, reflective trim, and a washable, two-way adjustable band. $30. Finally, Griffin also plans the release of the Courier for iPod classic and touch, a “utility case” designed to wrap onto a backpack or shoulderbag strap. Features include a carabiner clip, hidden zippered pocket, a second flapped pocket, and compression-molded EVA outer casing. It will sell for $35. The new line of Griffin cases for third-generation iPod nano, iPod classic, and iPod touch will be available in October.
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Incipio acquires Incase
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Apple Music coming to Sonos Dec. 15 through public beta program
- Apple to drop headphone jack from next iPhone?
- Amazon Instant Video app could hit Apple TV ‘within a few weeks’
- Some Apple Music and iTunes Match services may be illegal in the U.K.
- Australian banks accused of anti-competitive behavior over Apple Pay lockout
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Pro
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?