Griffin ships iTrip Auto for iPod | iLounge News

Griffin ships iTrip Auto for iPod

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Tuesday, December 20, 2005
News Categories: iPod Accessories

imageGriffin Technology today announced the availability of the iTrip Auto, the latest addition to its iTrip lineup. First shown in the iLounge Holiday Buyer’s Guide, the iTrip Auto is a combination iPod charger and FM transmitter for in-car use. It connects to an iPod’s dock connector port, features a backlit LCD screen and allows for easy tuning via a wired remote-like device. The iTrip Auto also offers selectable LX and DX modes, and US and International tuning modes. Priced at $70, the iTrip Auto works with all dockable iPods, including the 5G iPod and iPod nano.

« OtterBox for iPod nano announced

XtremeMac intros trio of leather cases for 5G iPod »

Comments

I have been waiting for this! Only question is…. will it come in white too?

Posted by Rob Dunbar on December 20, 2005 at 8:10 AM (PDT)

I’ve just ordered one, since this is exactly what I’ve wanted. I hope the quality is decent since it seems that Griffin’s has been slipping as of late.

Posted by cerisier on December 20, 2005 at 9:21 AM (PDT)

Finally! I’ve been waiting for someone to make this. I’m currently using a NewerTech RoadTrip!+, which is almost perfect, except there are a few places where the default 87.9 just doesn’t work. The only other thing I could ask for is a play/pause button on the power plug, because I always know where that is (plugged in), and I wouldn’t have to hunt through the crap in my passenger seat to pause the music when my cell phone rings. Other than that, this looks perfect, and I’m definitely getting one.

Oh yeah, I wouldn’t mind having it in white either.

Posted by Ozzi on December 20, 2005 at 9:31 AM (PDT)

Now if they’d only do something similar w/ the SmartDeck & AirClick.  I prefer that they offer a USB port or something similar (like on the iTrip Nano) on the AirClick.

I’d love to be able charge and use my accessories at the same time… don’t know why they didn’t think of this w/ the initial design.

Posted by Justin on December 20, 2005 at 10:52 AM (PDT)

I’m also actually surprised they finally made a combination charger/fm transmitter. But I do want to mention that Maxell has had a digital fm charger transmitter for awhile now and it does come in white.

Think the part number is P-5

Posted by Mig on December 21, 2005 at 5:06 PM (PDT)

Very nice! Great for us uncomfortable taking iPods out of cases to dock in the car and take out ala DLO Transpod.

Posted by sheik124 on December 21, 2005 at 5:58 PM (PDT)

Finally, a competitor to Kensington’s Digital FM Transmitter/Auto Charger.  Given the Nano’s susceptibility to scratching, and therefore the likelihood of it being in a case, I never saw the logic to Griffin’s Nano iTrip.

I hope iLounge reviews this ASAP!

Posted by micvog on December 23, 2005 at 3:54 PM (PDT)

I too think this sounds like a great option for my encased nano… I’m looking forward to a review (and availability at the apple store, I just had a ton of gift cards dropped on me!)

Posted by elwood on December 25, 2005 at 1:27 PM (PDT)

Does anyone here use the docking iTrip for the 5G iPod (w/out charger)??  How long does it work on batteries?  I’ve heard the original iTrip only runs for about an hour on the iPod (4G) battery.

Posted by shudawg7 on December 28, 2005 at 7:43 AM (PDT)

Has anyone tried this yet? I just ordered one from the Griffin website.

Posted by Pugsley on December 28, 2005 at 11:00 AM (PDT)