Griffin ships iTrip FM Transmitter for iPod
Griffin has announced it is now shipping the iTrip FM transmitter for iPod. With iTrip you can broadcast the music on iPod through your car’s FM receiver, home stereo or any FM receiver. The iTrip attaches to the top of iPod via the headphone port, draws power from the iPod and utilizes the iPod’s controls to select FM frequencies. iTrip retails for $35 and is now shipping.
Official Press Release:
GRIFFIN BEGINS SHIPPING iTRIP FM TRANSMITTER FOR iPOD
Pre-Order Customers to Be Among First to Receive Shipping iTrips
NASHVILLE, TN - April 25, 2003. Griffin Technology Inc, innovator of
exciting hardware and software products for the Mac and PC market, today
announced the iTrip FM Transmitter for iPod has begun shipping. Officially
announced at MacWorld Expo SF this past January, the iTrip has attracted
much attention and coverage for its iPod exclusive features like unlimited
station frequencies and its battery-free iPod mating design. Since its
debut, thousands of customers have pre-ordered the iTrip and will be among
the first to receive the units. Now shipping, the iTrip is $35 and is
available directly from Griffin Technology at
The iTrip introduces several unique design innovations and industry firsts.
Ultra compact in size, the iTrip rests atop the iPod and attaches securely
to the headphone jack. Unlike other FM transmitters, the iTrip can broadcast
to any available frequency on the FM dial. The station choice is selected in
the iPod itself. The iTrip also requires no batteries. It draws its minimum
power directly from the iPod and automatically shuts off after 60 seconds
without music. For on the road charging, iTrip cleverly rotates 90 degrees
out of the way, exposing the FireWire port.
“We’ve been overwhelmed by the pre-release interest in iTrip.” said Van
Thompson, VP - Production for Griffin Technology. “It’s going to take
several weeks to catch every order up but I think our customers will find
the wait worth it. The iTrip is one of the finest overall packages we’ve
Also this week Griffin introduced iFM - the worlds first FM radio for the
iPod. The iFM adds an FM radio to the iPod in one integrated sharp package
that incorporates the iPod’s own remote for its controls. Settings include
room for six preset stations, station scan up or down, volume control and
muting as well as manual tuning. The iFM gives iPod users the ability to
check the news, weather or listen to their favorite radio programs - in
addition to their collection of music in their iPod. The iFM works with all
iPods and will begin shipping this summer.
Pricing & Availability -
The iTrip - FM Transmitter for the iPod is priced $35 USD and is available
now. The iTrip can be purchased directly from Griffin at
http://www.griffintechnology.com and at finer computer outlets like the
Apple Store soon.
The Griffin iFM - FM Radio for the iPod is priced $35 USD. Preorders are now
being accepted at http://www.griffintechnology.com
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Toyota currently has ‘no plans’ to adopt CarPlay in the US
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- iWalk Rugged Power Case for iPhone 6
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?
- How do I find and remove only downloaded tracks with iTunes Match?