Griffin ships iTrip FM Transmitter for iPod
Griffin has announced it is now shipping the iTrip FM transmitter for iPod. With iTrip you can broadcast the music on iPod through your car’s FM receiver, home stereo or any FM receiver. The iTrip attaches to the top of iPod via the headphone port, draws power from the iPod and utilizes the iPod’s controls to select FM frequencies. iTrip retails for $35 and is now shipping.
Official Press Release:
GRIFFIN BEGINS SHIPPING iTRIP FM TRANSMITTER FOR iPOD
Pre-Order Customers to Be Among First to Receive Shipping iTrips
NASHVILLE, TN - April 25, 2003. Griffin Technology Inc, innovator of
exciting hardware and software products for the Mac and PC market, today
announced the iTrip FM Transmitter for iPod has begun shipping. Officially
announced at MacWorld Expo SF this past January, the iTrip has attracted
much attention and coverage for its iPod exclusive features like unlimited
station frequencies and its battery-free iPod mating design. Since its
debut, thousands of customers have pre-ordered the iTrip and will be among
the first to receive the units. Now shipping, the iTrip is $35 and is
available directly from Griffin Technology at
The iTrip introduces several unique design innovations and industry firsts.
Ultra compact in size, the iTrip rests atop the iPod and attaches securely
to the headphone jack. Unlike other FM transmitters, the iTrip can broadcast
to any available frequency on the FM dial. The station choice is selected in
the iPod itself. The iTrip also requires no batteries. It draws its minimum
power directly from the iPod and automatically shuts off after 60 seconds
without music. For on the road charging, iTrip cleverly rotates 90 degrees
out of the way, exposing the FireWire port.
“We’ve been overwhelmed by the pre-release interest in iTrip.” said Van
Thompson, VP - Production for Griffin Technology. “It’s going to take
several weeks to catch every order up but I think our customers will find
the wait worth it. The iTrip is one of the finest overall packages we’ve
Also this week Griffin introduced iFM - the worlds first FM radio for the
iPod. The iFM adds an FM radio to the iPod in one integrated sharp package
that incorporates the iPod’s own remote for its controls. Settings include
room for six preset stations, station scan up or down, volume control and
muting as well as manual tuning. The iFM gives iPod users the ability to
check the news, weather or listen to their favorite radio programs - in
addition to their collection of music in their iPod. The iFM works with all
iPods and will begin shipping this summer.
Pricing & Availability -
The iTrip - FM Transmitter for the iPod is priced $35 USD and is available
now. The iTrip can be purchased directly from Griffin at
http://www.griffintechnology.com and at finer computer outlets like the
Apple Store soon.
The Griffin iFM - FM Radio for the iPod is priced $35 USD. Preorders are now
being accepted at http://www.griffintechnology.com
- Apple now selling SIM-free iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- AT&T opens up Wi-Fi calling for iPhone
- Battery impact of Samsung vs TSMC A9 chips overestimated? (Update: Apple response)
- Apple TV, iPad Pro to be sold online in late October, in stores early November?
- iBooks adds exclusive enhanced editions of Harry Potter series
- Report: Barclays to launch Apple Pay support in the UK early next year
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Antitrust monitor: Apple is ‘its own worst enemy’
- Report: Apple holding $181.1 billion in offshore tax havens
- Apple releases fourth iOS 9.1 beta, third tvOS beta to developers
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- Parrot Airborne Night and Airborne Cargo Drones
- Griffin Survivor Journey and Survivor Summit for iPhone 6/6s
- Parrot Jumping Night and Jumping Race Drones
- Trident Case Aegis Pro Case for iPhone 6/6s
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?