Griffin ships iVault aluminum iPod shuffle case | iLounge News

Griffin ships iVault aluminum iPod shuffle case

imageGriffin Technology is now shipping its iVault aluminum case for the iPod shuffle. The machined aluminum case, which came about through a collaboration with iLounger Greg Gutierrez (“helixipod”), completely encloses the iPod shuffle while allowing access to the control pad, earphone jack, LED light and slider switch. The iVault sells for $19.99 and comes in five anodized colors—silver, blue, red, green and purple—and ships with a USB cable to sync/charge your iPod shuffle without removing it from the case.

Read iLounge’s review of the iVault.

« Apple executive: Updated iPods still ‘4th generation’

iTunes Podcast subscriptions top one million »

Comments

Man, I remember reading about this like four or five months ago, but I’m glad I bought a shuffle just in time for its release.

Posted by M Bargo in Chicago, IL on June 30, 2005 at 7:18 PM (CDT)

Same as M bargo, I remeber reading about it and everyone was so excited! I wish I had a shuffle right about now :-p

Posted by Blueskies505 on June 30, 2005 at 8:35 PM (CDT)

I might buy one of these… just to support Helix.

Posted by Eric on June 30, 2005 at 9:13 PM (CDT)

A real case, with real design, by a real designer versus some contrived socialite fashion designer. Consider another one sold!

Posted by FahrenheiPod 451 on July 1, 2005 at 1:24 AM (CDT)

I don’t really like how the usb jack is constantly exposed on this.  Is there some sort of cap or cover for the opening while it’s in use?

Posted by ACLeroK212 on July 1, 2005 at 9:33 AM (CDT)

I think it’s interesting that this metal case is only $19.99 while a lot of other plastic or rubber cases are $29.99!

Posted by BulkHedd on July 2, 2005 at 6:00 PM (CDT)

My friend keeps hers at the bottom of her backpack and lord knows whats down there, i wanted to get her this case some time ago but the usb left exposed is not good.

Posted by clyde on July 3, 2005 at 3:14 PM (CDT)

I just ordered one. They look very slick and look like they will work great. I don’t mind the need for the usb extension really since I only add songs at home and the shuffles charge last a long time. The fact that the usb port is open is a little offsetting but hopefully they will fabricate some kind of cap eventually…

which would be cool if/when they did they would send off one to people who already bought one free of charge ;).

helixipod (or Griffin tech) if you guys are readin this, it seems the number 1 complaint and “deal breaker” for many people is the exposed usb…should be an easy fix and you would probably sell a ton more than you already should ;). The lack of a “key ring” isn’t as big of a deal but might also be a consideration.

Posted by www.CongaBlast.com on July 3, 2005 at 8:20 PM (CDT)

I have one my big complaint is that the hole for the 3.5mm headphone Jack is to small to fit the standard molded plug. I had to make a custom adapter to use my headphones

Posted by AVGUY on September 14, 2005 at 9:26 AM (CDT)

So are these shipping? I ordered 2.5-3 months ago and so far nothing. I know it was first come first served but are they that behind?

Posted by www.CongaBlast.com on September 21, 2005 at 7:50 AM (CDT)