Griffin ships PodPod Auto Cradle for iPod | iLounge News

Griffin ships PodPod Auto Cradle for iPod

Griffin Technology today announced the Griffin PodPod is now shipping. The soft foam Griffin PodPod slips into any auto cup holder and provides a safe secure ride for any iPod or iPod mini. It also places the iPod in reach for easy adjustment and placement for the iPod or iPod mini with an iTrip on top. The PodPod is available immediately for $9.99.

« Windows: Pod Player 1.2 released

iPod Xtras offers 10% off to iLounge readers »

Comments

$10 for pre-cut foam.  what will they think of next.

Posted by blah on October 8, 2004 at 1:28 PM (CDT)

Nice. Now all they need to do is build the docking connector INTO the cradle… so I just have to slip my iPod in and it’s connected and secure.

I really hoped someone would’ve learned that from Belkin’s TuneDok.

Posted by Driver on October 8, 2004 at 2:15 PM (CDT)

The problem with a dock connetor built into a cradle is that it would likely fit only one iPod—meaning folks who own multiple iPods would have to buy a different car cradle for each.

I haven’t seen the PodPod yet but it sounds like it will be a quick and easy (and relatively inexpensive) way to protect whichever iPod I decide to take along on a trip.

Does anyone know if there is a cutout in the bottom to serve as a passthrough for a dock connector?

Posted by Woody on October 9, 2004 at 11:11 AM (CDT)

wow that’s neat! really good idea because it’s hard to keep it in one place in the car

Posted by ike on October 10, 2004 at 2:05 PM (CDT)

Even if it is pre-cut foam, it’s the first iPod accessory I’ve seen for under $10! I hope others lower their prices too, it’s getting a tad ridiculous.

Posted by gb on October 11, 2004 at 10:01 AM (CDT)

does this work with the 1G iPods?

Posted by jmontana on October 11, 2004 at 11:08 AM (CDT)

I received my PodPod from Griffin yesterday, and it works great.  Conforms to the size of my cup holder and hold the IPod at a good angle.

Posted by DnetMHZ on October 12, 2004 at 11:06 AM (CDT)