Griffin shows new iPod accessories at Macworld
Griffin Technology has announced several new iPod accessories at Macworld Expo, adding to the new products the company announced last week. The PowerDock is an iPod charging base which incorporates four Apple Universal Docks to allow users with multiple iPods and iPhones to charge up to four devices at a time. The PowerDock includes a collection of Universal Dock insert adapters, and will be available in March for $70. The RoadTrip with SmartScan is a combination iPod charger, cradle, and FM transmitter that features a new design, a flexible stem that allows the user to place the cradle in their preferred position, and Griffin’s SmartScan technology that automatically finds and saves the three most clear frequencies for sending the music from the user’s iPod to the vehicle’s FM stereo system. It will be available at the end of january and will sell for $100. The WindowSeat is windshield mount for iPhone that features a high-grip silicone suction pad for attaching the unit to a windshield, a mounting bracket with swiveling ball-and-socket joints, and a corner-release tab. WindowSeat for iPhone will be available in March for $20.
The company’s popular iTrip FM transmitter for iPod has been redesigned for 2008; the new design works with both new and older Dock-enabled iPod models, and can also be used with iPods inside protective cases. The new iTrip is available now and sells for $50. The iTrip for iPod nano has also received a new design that draws cues from Apple’s 3rd generation iPod nano. The new iTrip for iPod nano will be available in February for $50. The TuneFlex AUX is a cigarette lighter-mounted adjustable cradle and charger for iPod that features a new, universal design that includes a set of snap-on adapters to custom-fit full-size iPod and iPod nano models. Other features include a flexible steel neck, auxiliary output, and an included 3.5mm stereo mini cable to connect the TuneFlex to auxiliary input-equipped car stereos. The Tuneflex AUX is available now and sells for $50. Finally, Griffin introduced its Elan Form Cork case for iPhone. The Elan Cork is a unique cork-covered hard-shell case featuring a snap-together design that combines natural cork with a hard polycarbonate shell. It sells for $30, and is available now.
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015