Griffin shows slew of iPod, iPhone products at Macworld Expo
Griffin Technology has introduced a number of new products for the iPod and iPhone. The SmartTalk Bluetooth is a sound isolating hands-free headset that features a dual microphone design and MyVoice acoustics from StepLaps to help eliminate background noise. According to the company, it offers 30 dB to 50 dB of signal-to-noise improvement, and also features an in-ear fit for sound isolation and improved audio clarity, and instant pairing capability. It will sell for $100. The Navigate is an in-line controller for the iPod and iPhone that connects via the Dock Connector. It offers a built-in LCD screen that mirrors info from the device, a FM radio, play, stop, pause, forward/backward, and scan controls, an integrated clip, and 3.5mm headphone jack. It will sell for $60.
Offering a USB port and rechargeable battery, the PowerBlock Reserve is the latest model of what the company claims is “the world’s best-selling AC charger/adapter for USB-rechargeable devices.” It features integrated, fold-away prongs, and a removable, rechargeable battery pack that is held via magnet when not in use, and connects via the Dock Connector to charge iPods or iPhones, offering up to two hours of additional talk time on the iPhone. It will sell for $40. SmartShare USB is a small port expander for USB devices, offering Hi-Speed USB 2.0 connections, and a slim USB connector which allows users to connect two devices to a single USB port. It will sell for $20.
TuneBuds Fit are a new pair of earphones featuring an in-ear design and anatomically correct curved aluminum housings. They feature matched, tuned 10mm drivers, a sound isolating design with three included sets of differently-sized ear cushions, heavy-duty nylon/PVC cabling, and a slider for adjusting the individual earphone leads. They will sell for $50. The TuneFlex AUX with SmartClick is an in-car charging and mounting solution for iPod and iPhone. Featuring a flexible steel neck, wireless remote control with magnetic steering wheel mount, a lighted ring on the charging stem to indicate charging status, and adapters for a variety of recent iPod and iPhone models, the TuneFlex AUX also includes 3.5mm stereo mini cable, which connects the auxiliary out port with a vehicle’s aux-in jack. It is priced at $80.
The Charge Converter is a small Dock Connector accessory that lets users charge newer iPods and iPhones with legacy Firewire charging accessories. It will sell for $30. The Noise-reducing Auxiliary Audio Cable is a six-foot 3.5mm stereo mini jack cable featuring an in-line dual-element noise filter that eliminates electrical interference that occurs when charging an iPod in a car whose electrical system is not grounded. It will sell for $20. TuneJuice for iPod and iPhone is a portable battery-powered charger. Operating on four AAA batteries, it offers up to 5 more hours of music, 6 hours of video, 1.5 hours of talk time, or 2 hours of web access. It will sell for $30.
The iTrip for iPod nano 4G is a small FM transmitter designed to fit the fourth-generation iPod nano, but works with other models as well. It connects to and draws power from the Dock Connector, and features a silver body, a screen for picking the station, and a dedicated SmartScan button which will automatically find the best available frequency. It will sell for $50. Also priced at $50 is the iTrip Auto Universal Plus, which like the company’s iTrip Universal connects via a 3.5mm plug for compatibility with nearly any mobile device, such as the iPod or iPhone, including the iPod shuffle. It draws power from a vehicle’s cigarette lighter/power port, and offers a lighted display for selecting FM frequencies, SmartScan for automatically finding the best frequency, and an integrated USB port for charging devices, along with a 3-color charging indicator on the stem.
Finally, the Elan Form Chrome for iPhone 3G is a revised version of Griffin’s earlier Elan Form Hard-Shell Leather Case. The Chrome features a two-piece, shatter-proof polycarbonate inner shell with a removable bottom for easier docking, a top-grain black leather outer, and openings for access to all ports and controls. The case also features chrome details, including the area around the device’s face, and comes with a static peel screen protector and cleaning cloth. It will sell for $35.
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
- Video Review: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Holidays from iLounge!
- Russian Apple Online Store returns with increased prices
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- BuQu Tech PowerArmour Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Grovemade Maple iPhone Case for iPhone 6
- Tylt Energi Sliding Power Case for iPhone 6
- Just Mobile TopGum
- Kenu Highline for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0