Griffin Survival Kit, TuneCenter Winners, Q&A Announced
Participating in tonight’s live iLounge chat with Griffin Technology, five iLounge readers won huge Griffin iPod Survival Kits full of new accessories, and one reader also won a new Griffin TuneCenter Pro Home Media Center. Griffin representatives also answered iLounge reader questions on a wide variety of topics. A complete list of prizes and winners can be found in the full story link above or below, along with some of the Q&A. Congratulations to all of the winners, and thanks to everyone, including all of the representatives of Griffin Technology, for participating in the chat today!
Grand Prize Winner: Brandon N., Ames, IA (iPod Survival Kit + TuneCenter Pro)
iPod Survival Kit Winners:
Jonathan K., Ashland, OH, Matthew B., Glenview, IL, Peter L., New York, NY, Nathan W., Palo Alto, CA
Griffin’s iPod Survival Kits include:
(1) iTrip Auto FM Transmitter and Auto Charger for iPod (MSRP $70)
(1) iFM iPod Radio Remote with Dock Connector for iPod (MSRP $50)
(1) SmartShare Headphone Splitter with Volume Control (MSRP $15)
(2) EarThumps Earphones for Mobile Devices (MSRP $20 each)
(1) PowerBlock AC Charger for USB Devices (MSRP $30)
(1) TuneJuice Battery Backup for iPod (MSRP $20)
(1) iFill Internet Radio for your iPod (Full Version, MSRP $20)
Q: My company would love to do some design work for you guys. How can we get in touch?
Q2: Could i get a design internship at Griffin? :)
A: We are always on the lookout for very creative and driven people… [email protected]
Q: I LOVE all of your products! BTW, what was the first product you released?
A: Macsync was the first Griffin Product.
Q: I was just wondering if you knew… how long does it take to get a product to market after coming up with the idea for the product?
A: it could be as little as 30 days. Silicone skins don’t take a long time. We take more time with items like the iTrip nano, iTrip Auto and Tunecenter.
Q: Griffin, your stuff is so popular. So popular, that there are knockoffs everywhere. I was stupid enough to buy a knockoff of your EarThumps on eBay, and lost my money.
A: We don’t sponsor or support any resellers on ebay. Watch out next time.
Q: When will the iTrip come to Europe?
A: The iTrip will come to europe when they change their laws regarding FM transmitters. Remember it’s legal to own it in Europe… just not to use it ;-) Oh, sad news from the shipping dept… the original iTalk has been discontinued.
Q: Have you found it difficult to design around the iPods new form factor (ie; no top connector)?
A: The answer isn’t simple. But, we love to design new things… the iPod’s connector changes have been an interesting challenge.
Q: I’m a person who likes to blast my music… approximately how loud is optimal on the iTrip to minimize distortion?
A: About 50-75% of max volume… or just below the distortion point.
Q: iFill question - I subscribe to RadioIO and try to record the ad free stream to iFill. It doesn’t work.
A: If you select the stream that claims to be ad-free, it sounds like it might be misnaming by RadioIO or mislabeling by Shoutcast. You might try to Preview the station for a while and see what you hear. If Radio IO does not publish their ad-free site on Shoutcast, then iFill does not explicitly support it; iFill uses the list of stations provided by Shoutcast.
Q: Are there any chances of seeing a Griffin sanctioned EyeTV plugin for the Airclick?
A: No officially sanctioned plugin, BUT! Proxi ( http://proxi.griffintechnology.com/ ) has AppleScript support, and EyeTV just might have an AppleScript interface.
Again, congratulations to all the winners and thanks to everyone for attending!
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy Holidays from iLounge
- Happy Thanksgiving 2016 from iLounge!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
Subscribe to iLounge Weekly
- Report confirms legitimacy of at least some of the stolen iCloud credentials being held for ransom
- New (PRODUCT)RED iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone SE, and 9.7” iPad now available to order
- Apple Store down again ahead of new iPad, Product(RED) iPhone launch
- Apple acquires automation app Workflow
- Nintendo updates Super Mario Run, makes more courses available for free play
- Apple confirms iCloud and Apple ID systems have not been breached in response to hacker threat
- Hackers claim to have access to millions of iCloud accounts, demand ransom from Apple
- Apple’s Siri in the running to voice control room functions at Marriott’s Aloft hotels
- Apple releases iTunes 12.6 with new cross-device movie rental feature
- Apple introduces Clips video app
- ExoLens PRO with Optics by ZEISS Wide-Angle Lens Kit
- Blue Sadie Headphones
- Circle with Disney Parental Control and Internet Filtering System
- Pioneer Rayz Plus Lightning Connector Earphones
- BEEM United BeMe D200 Lightning Connector Earphones
- Jam Audio JAM Xterior Max Rugged Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- HiFiMAN Edition S Headphones
- Divoom Timebox Mini Bluetooth Speaker
- iClever BoostSound BTS-09 Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundcast VG1 Bluetooth Speaker
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10