Griffin Survival Kit, TuneCenter Winners, Q&A Announced
Participating in tonight’s live iLounge chat with Griffin Technology, five iLounge readers won huge Griffin iPod Survival Kits full of new accessories, and one reader also won a new Griffin TuneCenter Pro Home Media Center. Griffin representatives also answered iLounge reader questions on a wide variety of topics. A complete list of prizes and winners can be found in the full story link above or below, along with some of the Q&A. Congratulations to all of the winners, and thanks to everyone, including all of the representatives of Griffin Technology, for participating in the chat today!
Grand Prize Winner: Brandon N., Ames, IA (iPod Survival Kit + TuneCenter Pro)
iPod Survival Kit Winners:
Jonathan K., Ashland, OH, Matthew B., Glenview, IL, Peter L., New York, NY, Nathan W., Palo Alto, CA
Griffin’s iPod Survival Kits include:
(1) iTrip Auto FM Transmitter and Auto Charger for iPod (MSRP $70)
(1) iFM iPod Radio Remote with Dock Connector for iPod (MSRP $50)
(1) SmartShare Headphone Splitter with Volume Control (MSRP $15)
(2) EarThumps Earphones for Mobile Devices (MSRP $20 each)
(1) PowerBlock AC Charger for USB Devices (MSRP $30)
(1) TuneJuice Battery Backup for iPod (MSRP $20)
(1) iFill Internet Radio for your iPod (Full Version, MSRP $20)
Q: My company would love to do some design work for you guys. How can we get in touch?
Q2: Could i get a design internship at Griffin? :)
A: We are always on the lookout for very creative and driven people… [email protected]
Q: I LOVE all of your products! BTW, what was the first product you released?
A: Macsync was the first Griffin Product.
Q: I was just wondering if you knew… how long does it take to get a product to market after coming up with the idea for the product?
A: it could be as little as 30 days. Silicone skins don’t take a long time. We take more time with items like the iTrip nano, iTrip Auto and Tunecenter.
Q: Griffin, your stuff is so popular. So popular, that there are knockoffs everywhere. I was stupid enough to buy a knockoff of your EarThumps on eBay, and lost my money.
A: We don’t sponsor or support any resellers on ebay. Watch out next time.
Q: When will the iTrip come to Europe?
A: The iTrip will come to europe when they change their laws regarding FM transmitters. Remember it’s legal to own it in Europe… just not to use it ;-) Oh, sad news from the shipping dept… the original iTalk has been discontinued.
Q: Have you found it difficult to design around the iPods new form factor (ie; no top connector)?
A: The answer isn’t simple. But, we love to design new things… the iPod’s connector changes have been an interesting challenge.
Q: I’m a person who likes to blast my music… approximately how loud is optimal on the iTrip to minimize distortion?
A: About 50-75% of max volume… or just below the distortion point.
Q: iFill question - I subscribe to RadioIO and try to record the ad free stream to iFill. It doesn’t work.
A: If you select the stream that claims to be ad-free, it sounds like it might be misnaming by RadioIO or mislabeling by Shoutcast. You might try to Preview the station for a while and see what you hear. If Radio IO does not publish their ad-free site on Shoutcast, then iFill does not explicitly support it; iFill uses the list of stations provided by Shoutcast.
Q: Are there any chances of seeing a Griffin sanctioned EyeTV plugin for the Airclick?
A: No officially sanctioned plugin, BUT! Proxi ( http://proxi.griffintechnology.com/ ) has AppleScript support, and EyeTV just might have an AppleScript interface.
Again, congratulations to all the winners and thanks to everyone for attending!
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Report: iPad Pro to be official name of large iPad, more details revealed
- Mozilla begins rollout of Firefox for iOS preview
- Google releases Google Street View app for iOS
- Apple admits Apple Music still needs work, says iTunes downloads remain strong
- Judge approves $415M settlement in anti-poaching lawsuit
- Report: Apple to debut ‘iPad Pro’ on Sept. 9
- iPhone 6S to use 7000 series aluminum from Apple Watch Sport
- CBS Sports to stream Super Bowl 50, select NFL games on Apple TV
- Report: New Apple TV gets A8 chip, but not 4K support
- Report: New Apple TV will feature universal search, cost $149
- Divoom AuraBox Bluetooth Speaker
- Belkin WeMo + OSRAM Lightify White Tunable Starter Set
- Logitech Logi BLOK cases for iPad mini + iPad Air 2
- IK Multimedia iKlip Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?