Griffin Survival Kit, TuneCenter Winners, Q&A Announced | iLounge News

Griffin Survival Kit, TuneCenter Winners, Q&A Announced

Participating in tonight’s live iLounge chat with Griffin Technology, five iLounge readers won huge Griffin iPod Survival Kits full of new accessories, and one reader also won a new Griffin TuneCenter Pro Home Media Center. Griffin representatives also answered iLounge reader questions on a wide variety of topics. A complete list of prizes and winners can be found in the full story link above or below, along with some of the Q&A. Congratulations to all of the winners, and thanks to everyone, including all of the representatives of Griffin Technology, for participating in the chat today!

Grand Prize Winner: Brandon N., Ames, IA (iPod Survival Kit + TuneCenter Pro)

iPod Survival Kit Winners:

Jonathan K., Ashland, OH, Matthew B., Glenview, IL, Peter L., New York, NY, Nathan W., Palo Alto, CA

Griffin’s iPod Survival Kits include:

(1) iTrip Auto FM Transmitter and Auto Charger for iPod (MSRP $70)
(1) iFM iPod Radio Remote with Dock Connector for iPod (MSRP $50)
(1) SmartShare Headphone Splitter with Volume Control (MSRP $15)
(2) EarThumps Earphones for Mobile Devices (MSRP $20 each)
(1) PowerBlock AC Charger for USB Devices (MSRP $30)
(1) TuneJuice Battery Backup for iPod (MSRP $20)
(1) iFill Internet Radio for your iPod (Full Version, MSRP $20)

Griffin Q&A:

Q: My company would love to do some design work for you guys. How can we get in touch?
Q2: Could i get a design internship at Griffin? :)
A: We are always on the lookout for very creative and driven people… [email protected]

Q: I LOVE all of your products! BTW, what was the first product you released?
A: Macsync was the first Griffin Product.

Q: I was just wondering if you knew… how long does it take to get a product to market after coming up with the idea for the product?
A: it could be as little as 30 days. Silicone skins don’t take a long time. We take more time with items like the iTrip nano, iTrip Auto and Tunecenter.

Q: Griffin, your stuff is so popular. So popular, that there are knockoffs everywhere. I was stupid enough to buy a knockoff of your EarThumps on eBay, and lost my money.
A: We don’t sponsor or support any resellers on ebay.  Watch out next time.

Q: When will the iTrip come to Europe?
A: The iTrip will come to europe when they change their laws regarding FM transmitters. Remember it’s legal to own it in Europe… just not to use it ;-) Oh, sad news from the shipping dept… the original iTalk has been discontinued.

Q: Have you found it difficult to design around the iPods new form factor (ie; no top connector)?
A: The answer isn’t simple.  But, we love to design new things… the iPod’s connector changes have been an interesting challenge.

Q: I’m a person who likes to blast my music… approximately how loud is optimal on the iTrip to minimize distortion?
A: About 50-75% of max volume… or just below the distortion point.

Q: iFill question - I subscribe to RadioIO and try to record the ad free stream to iFill. It doesn’t work.
A: If you select the stream that claims to be ad-free, it sounds like it might be misnaming by RadioIO or mislabeling by Shoutcast. You might try to Preview the station for a while and see what you hear. If Radio IO does not publish their ad-free site on Shoutcast, then iFill does not explicitly support it; iFill uses the list of stations provided by Shoutcast.

Q: Are there any chances of seeing a Griffin sanctioned EyeTV plugin for the Airclick?
A: No officially sanctioned plugin, BUT! Proxi ( http://proxi.griffintechnology.com/ ) has AppleScript support, and EyeTV just might have an AppleScript interface.

Again, congratulations to all the winners and thanks to everyone for attending!

« The Free iPod Book 2.0 Contests - Winners Announced

Burst.com files patent infringement suit against Apple »

Comments

W00t!

Q1 and Q5 is mine !!!! inculding my awesome spelling of ‘intership’ bad Dennis for the copy and paste!!! :p

Posted by Doc Evils on April 17, 2006 at 9:15 PM (CDT)

Darn.. catboy17 won again. For the third time in a row!

Josh

Posted by Josh Powell in VA on April 17, 2006 at 9:35 PM (CDT)

cool…my question was worthy of being posted (Q2) :D.

Posted by edeab220 in South NJ on April 17, 2006 at 10:06 PM (CDT)

I’m very glad for my win! Can’t wait for the $225 in accessories come in!

Posted by Jonathan Keim on April 17, 2006 at 10:34 PM (CDT)

I am like the world’s biggest loser when it comes to everything… so I’m glad my obsession with Griffin paid off… Although I had a pretty easy question…

Q: Name the three iTrip products that work in your car

Oh well, I’m just happy I won something for once. :) Thanks, iLounge and Griffin!!

Posted by WS05 on April 17, 2006 at 10:58 PM (CDT)

hehe, sorry Josh. I’m on a roll!

Posted by catboy17 on April 17, 2006 at 11:27 PM (CDT)

Will there always be the age limit from now on, in the contests?

If so that could be potentially annoying.

Anyhoo, congrats to the winners; too bad I couldn’t come this time. Maybe next time though!

Posted by Maxman on April 17, 2006 at 11:42 PM (CDT)

Actually Doc, Q5 was mine, as well as #3.  Just letting you know…

Posted by dansgil on April 18, 2006 at 2:09 AM (CDT)

If you don’t turn up then you don’t stand a chance of winning - ‘catboy17’ has been a regular and his “loyalty” is paying off!!! That and being quick on the keyboard…

Re in the age limit - all you have to do is ask a parent or guardian to send your/their contact details for shipping of the prize.

Posted by Bob Levens in UK on April 18, 2006 at 7:38 AM (CDT)

dansgil, I mean the Europe one, I saw it wrong so its Q6:)

Posted by Doc Evils on April 18, 2006 at 8:14 AM (CDT)

Haha, catboy, you won again?
I’ll be there next time and hopefully I can catch up with you next time ;)
Congrats to all winners

Posted by Robust on April 18, 2006 at 11:40 AM (CDT)

There were so many people this time - over 100.  At the last chat, there were only about 70.  There’ll probably be 150 next time. :)

Posted by dansgil on April 18, 2006 at 1:11 PM (CDT)

The streams we provide on Shoutcast directory are ad-supported.  You can subscribe to radioio with a SoundPass, which is just five bucks a month.

Unfortunately if you can’t enter a stream of your choice, you’ll still be limited to Shoutcast directory of course.  Anyways,

Thanks for listening.  :)

Posted by Jesse Graffam on April 18, 2006 at 6:20 PM (CDT)

In iFill, you can hold the option key when you add a station and it will give you a dialog where you can paste in your own stream url.

That way, any stream will work as long as it’s in mp3 format.

Andreas

Posted by Andreas Pardeike on April 19, 2006 at 10:59 AM (CDT)