Griffin to release iTalk - iPod voice recorder
Based on my conversations with a Griffin Technology representative at the Mac Expo London, I have discovered Griffin Technology is about to release a new product, called the iTalk. The iTalk is to be a device similar to Belkin’s Voice Recorder, but with more advanced functionality.
Well as you all know i was at the Mac Expo today and spoke to loads of people there. One very interesting conversation was with a man who works for Griffin Technology. He had flown in to show off some of Griffin’s great products, such as the Powermate, iTrip, and the Best of Show RadioShark, which allows you to record radio and schedule the recording of radio shows.
One thing I spoke to him about was upcoming products, which after some prodding, he told me about.
Announcing, the Griffin Technology iTalk!
The iTalk is a device that works in the same way as the Belkin voice recorder for the iPod, but with the following advantages:
Better looking and integrated with iPod
Better quality microphone for recording
Better quality speaker for playback
Microphone Passthrough connector to connect a high-quality external mic.
Headphone Passthrough connector to listen to recordings through headphones.
He didn’t say when the product was to be released, but my impression was that it is most definitely going to be released sometime soon.
Now I think this addresses all of the problems that people have had with the Belkin version, so we should all be glad! By the way, he did say that Griffin had been working with Apple to create this product.
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
- Video Review: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Philips debuts first Lightning connector headphones, Fidelio M2L
- Video Review: Waterproof Grace Digital Ecostone and iHome iBN6 speakers
- Withings unveils Home video monitor
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple Pay Bank of America customers experiencing double-charges
- iPad Air 2 unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- Apple’s new Maps Connect lets businesses manage listings, request iBeacon indoor mapping
- Apple reportedly begins in-store sales of iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- Cook discussing security with top Chinese official
- GT and Apple to part ways ‘amicably’
- Apple Pay can be used internationally with U.S.-based cards
- Notes from Apple’s Q4 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q4 2014: 39.3M iPhones, 12.3M iPads, 2.6M iPods, $42.1B revenue
- Apple releases Apple TV Software Update 7.0.1
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Just Mobile Xtand Go Z1
- PowerSkin Pop’n 2 for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- APC M5BK + M10BK 5000/10000mAh Mobile Power Packs
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini
- IK Multimedia iRig Pads MIDI Groove Controller
- Hex Icon Wallet and Solo Wallet for iPhone 6
- SwitchEasy 0.35, LifePocket + Numbers for iPhone 6
- GE Link Connected LED Bulb + Wink Hub
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0