Griffin to release iTalk - iPod voice recorder
Based on my conversations with a Griffin Technology representative at the Mac Expo London, I have discovered Griffin Technology is about to release a new product, called the iTalk. The iTalk is to be a device similar to Belkin’s Voice Recorder, but with more advanced functionality.
Well as you all know i was at the Mac Expo today and spoke to loads of people there. One very interesting conversation was with a man who works for Griffin Technology. He had flown in to show off some of Griffin’s great products, such as the Powermate, iTrip, and the Best of Show RadioShark, which allows you to record radio and schedule the recording of radio shows.
One thing I spoke to him about was upcoming products, which after some prodding, he told me about.
Announcing, the Griffin Technology iTalk!
The iTalk is a device that works in the same way as the Belkin voice recorder for the iPod, but with the following advantages:
Better looking and integrated with iPod
Better quality microphone for recording
Better quality speaker for playback
Microphone Passthrough connector to connect a high-quality external mic.
Headphone Passthrough connector to listen to recordings through headphones.
He didn’t say when the product was to be released, but my impression was that it is most definitely going to be released sometime soon.
Now I think this addresses all of the problems that people have had with the Belkin version, so we should all be glad! By the way, he did say that Griffin had been working with Apple to create this product.
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Samsonite acquires Speck Products for $85 million
- Beats introduces new Solo2 headphones
- Apple confirms Beats Electronics acquisition for $3 billion
- Blog spotlights risks in cheap, counterfeit iPad chargers
- Gibson buys Philips’ Apple accessory brand, Woox Innovations
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: Apple TV relaunch not coming this year
- Report: Apple eliminating positions of some Beats employees
- Russian government seeks Apple source code
- Square announces new Reader for chip cards
- Apple TV adds FOX Now, CNBC channels
- Popular Bitcoin wallet app Blockchain returns to App Store
- Report: Apple Stores to support carrier early iPhone upgrade programs
- Report: Apple buying talk radio app Swell
- Congress passes bill to legalize phone unlocking
- Bose sues Beats over noise-canceling patents
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad Air
- Kenu Airframe+ Portable Car Mount
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks