Griffin unveils iClear cases for iPod nano 5G
Griffin Technology has introduced its new line of iClear hard polycarbonate cases for the fifth-generation iPod nano. The iClear Sketch features a decorative translucent pattern on the outside of the otherwise clear case, adding an element of personalization to the player, while allowing complete access to all ports, controls, and the camera. The iClear Sketch for iPod nano 5G will be available in a variety of patterns, including dusk, tartan, pipeline, summit, hatch, bloom, landmark, warp, camo, plaid, rampt, baroque and 8-bit, and will sell for $25.
The iClear Shade is another take on the clear polycarbonate case, featuring a graduated tint called an ombre finish that fades from clear at the top of the nano to dark grey at the bottom, adding depth to the color of the player. It will also sell for $25. Finally, the iClear is a completely transparent hard case, offering full access to all controls, ports, and the camera, and Griffin’s EasyDock design for convenient docking. Available alone or with a clip and armband, iClear for iPod nano 5G will sell for $20, or $30 with the armband/clip. Griffin’s line of iClear cases for the fifth-generation iPod nano will be available later this fall.
Update: Griffin has also introduced its new Headphone Control Adapter for the iPod and iPhone. Made to work with the VoiceOver feature of the third-generation iPod shuffle and fifth-generation iPod nano, the adapter features three buttons for track and volume control, as well as a headphone port on one end and a 3.5mm plug on the other, allowing users to connect any set of headphones or an auxiliary output cord. Griffin’s Headphone Control Adapter will work with any iPod that supports transport controls through the headphone jack, and is expected to launch this fall for $20.
- Apple adds ‘Beats by Dr. Dre’ section to online store
- Magellan intros Echo Fit sports smart watch
- Apple posts official Beats welcome announcement
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Samsonite acquires Speck Products for $85 million
- Beats introduces new Solo2 headphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today