H2O Audio releases iS2 waterproof case for 2nd-gen shuffle | iLounge News

H2O Audio releases iS2 waterproof case for 2nd-gen shuffle

image

H2O Audio has announced the release of the iS2, a waterproof case designed for the second-generation iPod shuffle. The iS2 is rated for submersion up to 10ft., and features a patented built-in control pad that provides full access to the shuffle’s controls, even when submerged. In addition, the iS2 comes with a sport armband, and is fully compatible with H2O Audio’s Underwater Headphones, as well as standard headphones. “Our iS2 waterproof case mirrors the Shuffle’s sleek design and provides inexpensive yet durable waterproof protection for all environmental conditions,” said Kristian Rauhala, CEO of H2O Audio. The H2O Audio iS2 waterproof case for the second-generation iPod shuffle is now available for pre-order and sells for $40.

« App enables iPhone video conferencing

Griffin adds colors to Tempo, Streamline, Reflect iPod cases »

Comments

Do people really want and listen to their ipod shuffle underwater up to 10 feet ?  Might be cool to try but would never use it.  Not when the case is $40 and who knows how much the headphones are.

Posted by magic_mike on August 13, 2007 at 10:38 AM (CDT)

i just have the Jaws theme song on mine for when i go swimming after dusk wearing lots of shiny jewelry

Posted by hydra-calm on August 13, 2007 at 12:21 PM (CDT)

I am a resort worker at a small island, and before work, a girl asked me if I’d like to go for a small canoe trip. I had all of my stuff in a backpack (incl. my 80 gig ipod). The canoe tipped over in the middle of the lake. Goodbye ipod. Had to buy a new one for $350. I wish I had one of those cases for $40. I guess it depends on how active you are.

Posted by Justin Bartels on August 14, 2007 at 1:31 PM (CDT)

i am sorry about your luck justin but a ziplock bag would have probably done the trick if all you were doing was transporting it. playing then yes a case would be needed.

Posted by hydra-calm on August 15, 2007 at 12:26 PM (CDT)

I guess none of you have ever thought of the idea that maybe swimmers like to have the option of working out with music like other athletes who run as their workout do as well.  Think outside the box just a little bit, folks!  Since I’m a swimmer, even though I don’t have an ipod shuffle, after hearing the release of this product, I want to go buy one (for $80) just so I can buy this case (for $40).  So I guess the people at H2Oaudio have put a little more thought and research into the release of this product than other people like yourselves have.  Let them deal with their own production, release, and marketing of their OWN products.  They wouldn’t be in business if people didn’t buy their products.

Posted by Andrea on August 17, 2007 at 2:33 PM (CDT)

Andrea needs to chill!

Posted by noneya on August 17, 2007 at 5:32 PM (CDT)