Hack: iPod as wireless music streamer and fileserver
Using the unlikely couple of Apple’s iPod and a Microsoft Pocket PC handheld, third-party software developer Simeda has devised a fully portable method to wirelessly broadcast iPod music and files to PCs or other portable devices on a local area network. The hitches: you’ll need a 15 Euro (US$19) piece of software, two cable or card-based adapters, music that can be legally performed and/or shared, and plenty of pre-charged battery power to keep both the Pocket PC and iPod going.
- Harman Kardon debuts Infinity One, Esquire Mini, Soho Wireless + JBL Charge 2
- iPhone hack stories to continue post-SDK, writers say
- 5G iPod hacked for internal Bluetooth
- iPod classic, nano Diagnostic Mode photos posted
- iStyle offers laser etching for iPod, nano, and shuffle
- PDASmart offers 100GB iPod upgrade
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Apple Music roundup: iOS 8.4 to get early Tuesday release, Sonos support on the way
- Apple suppliers now making iPhones with Force Touch
- Parrot announces North American details for new Minidrone lineup
- AppleCare+ now covers battery replacement at 80% of original capacity
- Elton John, Pharrell, Dr. Dre, Drake, St. Vincent, others to host Beats 1 shows
- Apps containing Confederate flag pulled from App Store
- Taylor Swift’s ‘1989’ album to stream on Apple Music
- Apple publishes detailed list of Siri HomeKit commands
- Apple to pay 0.2 cents per song during Apple Music free trial
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- Olloclip Active Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Monitors
- SwitchEasy Canvas + Rave for iPad Air 2
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?