Hacker cracks Apple’s wireless music streaming technology | iLounge News

Hacker cracks Apple’s wireless music streaming technology

“The Norwegian hacker famed for developing DVD encryption-cracking software has apparently struck again—this time breaking the locks on Apple Computer Inc.‘s wireless music streaming technology.

Jon Lech Johansen released on his Web site—defiantly named “So Sue Me”—a software key that helps to unlock the encryption Apple uses for its AirPort Express, a device that lets users broadcast digital music from Apple’s online iTunes Music Store on a stereo that’s not plugged into a computer.

Some security consultants say that with the key and another program he released, Johansen, also known as DVD Jon, has helped pave the way for other software applications other than Apple iTunes to work with AirPort Express.”

« iPodResQ & LoadPod announce customer loyalty program

Mac/Windows: iPod Updater 2004-08-06 released »

Comments

I think we are misunderstanding each other I have only been saying that Unix based systems are superior to windows in terms of how it handles the CPU’s not that the winodws machines cannot handle dual cpu’s at all.  My only contention is that windows isnt the most efficient system with which to utilize dual processors, and that a Unix system is better suited to using the cpu’s to thier full potential.  That isn’t to say that a windows machine running dual processors isnt going to be disgustingly powerful.

I’m going to take a look at those links now.

Ps.  Are you a developer or a graphic designer, or are you just into absolute power? (As I am, I’m looking forward to PCIe laptops, its still too expensive for me to fully upgrade my desktop sadly :( )

Posted by Shadow Skill on August 17, 2004 at 4:19 PM (CDT)

Did Apple just not publish benchmarks or did they not score high enough, I know when you go look at the g5 at the Apple site it claims it does better than an alienware model here’s the link:

While that isn’t inconcievable I can’t justify the expense of a mac system, which was the point of my original comment.  Guess it came out wrong, I was getting tired of the Apple boot-licking.

Posted by Shadow Skill on August 17, 2004 at 4:40 PM (CDT)

I WANT HACKING SOFTWARE TO KNOW ANY THING I WANT ANYTHING I WANT TO UNLOCK

Posted by RAJ on August 28, 2004 at 1:38 AM (CDT)

IF YOU WANT AN APPLE IPOD 40GB OR APPLE IPOD MINI FOR A TINY £20 PLEASE VISIT

WWW.BARGAINIPODS.COM

THATS WERE I GOT MINE FOR JUST £20

Posted by Dan on September 5, 2004 at 3:37 PM (CDT)

“IF YOU WANT AN APPLE IPOD 40GB OR APPLE IPOD MINI FOR A TINY £20”

GET LOST YOU LOSER SPAMMING MATRIX PYRAMID SCHEME SMEGHEAD.

Posted by get lost on September 5, 2004 at 6:11 PM (CDT)

Windows is an O.K. OS (i’m in XP)
mac’s and pc’s are like apple’s and oranges

you try to play a demanding game on a mac and ...good luck they’re not the best,
but on the other hand, nothing in the pc world really comes close to the effency with wich you can do video editing and such on a mac.
i would go mac in a sec. if it was a better gaming platform. But it’s not.

Posted by Rusek on September 7, 2004 at 9:41 PM (CDT)

i am using mm9.0 i am not able fix equal value equlizer.

Posted by ariff on October 11, 2004 at 5:44 AM (CDT)

Page 4 of 4 pages ‹ First  < 2 3 4