Half of readers report getting iPhone OS device, Macworld poll now open
With over 3,800 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll, “Which new iPod or iPhone did you get for the holidays?” has closed. Readers were given a choice between the iPhone 3G, iPod touch, iPod nano, iPod classic, iPod shuffle, accessories, or none at all. Amazingly, half of all respondents said they received an iPhone OS device over the holidays, with a third of readers (33%) receiving an iPod touch and the other 17% receiving an iPhone 3G. Another 17% of readers received an iPod nano, while 8% received an iPod classic, 6% received accessories but no new iPod or iPhone, and only 2% received an iPod shuffle. It appears to have been a big year for upgrades, as only 18% of readers said they didn’t receive an iPod, iPhone, or accessory. Thanks for all your responses!
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s product announcements in a post-Macworld Expo era. We’d like to know what you think Apple should do now that it has abandoned its last major trade show. Should it continue holding small press events complimented by the developer-focused WWDC, or change its formula? Our latest poll, “How should Apple announce big products now that it’s ditching Macworld Expo?” lets you answer this question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Tim Cook to host Hillary Clinton fundraiser
- Report: Apple to update Apple Store app with personalized recommendations
- Report: Apple now prioritizing autonomous driving system in car project
- WSJ: Apple’s ‘hard-charging’ approach unsuccessful in negotiations with TV networks
- Video purports to show official Lightning to 3.5mm headphone adapter
- New iPhone pre-orders to start Sept. 9?
- Apple has sold one billion iPhones
- Parkopedia to provide detailed parking information for Apple Maps [Updated]
- Microsoft releases Pix camera app for iPhone
- Adobe launches new Lightroom viewer for Apple TV
- Elgato Avea Flare Portable Mood Light
- Moe Bull Stand for iPad Air 2 + 9.7” iPad Pro
- Netatmo Tags for Welcome Smart Home Camera
- iDevices Socket HomeKit-enabled Light Adapter
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartPlug for Apple HomeKit
- Marbotic Smart Letters for iPad
- Ecoxgear Sol Jam Bluetooth Speaker
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case + Hand Strap for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Braven BRV-1M Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-Blade Bluetooth Speaker
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app