Half of readers report getting iPhone OS device, Macworld poll now open
With over 3,800 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll, “Which new iPod or iPhone did you get for the holidays?” has closed. Readers were given a choice between the iPhone 3G, iPod touch, iPod nano, iPod classic, iPod shuffle, accessories, or none at all. Amazingly, half of all respondents said they received an iPhone OS device over the holidays, with a third of readers (33%) receiving an iPod touch and the other 17% receiving an iPhone 3G. Another 17% of readers received an iPod nano, while 8% received an iPod classic, 6% received accessories but no new iPod or iPhone, and only 2% received an iPod shuffle. It appears to have been a big year for upgrades, as only 18% of readers said they didn’t receive an iPod, iPhone, or accessory. Thanks for all your responses!
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s product announcements in a post-Macworld Expo era. We’d like to know what you think Apple should do now that it has abandoned its last major trade show. Should it continue holding small press events complimented by the developer-focused WWDC, or change its formula? Our latest poll, “How should Apple announce big products now that it’s ditching Macworld Expo?” lets you answer this question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Seasons Greetings! Our top picks in 2015, and more for your last-minute shopping
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Happy Columbus Day + Canadian Thanksgiving!
- A note on our iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus case reviews
- Apple releases iOS 9.3 beta 3, tvOS 9.2 beta 3, watchOS 2.2 beta 3 to developers
- Indie game ‘The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth’ rejected by Apple over violence toward children
- Apple likely to receive approval to open retail stores in India
- Study finds Apple Watch is best fitness tracker for privacy, security
- Conflicting reports over pink color to be featured in iPhone 5se
- Report: Some third-party repairs ‘bricking’ iPhones with iOS 9
- Report: Apple to bid on NFL Thursday Night Football streaming rights
- Apple to begin taking broken iPhones for trade-in, offer in-store screen protector installation
- Apple ordered to pay $625M to VirnetX in patent case
- Apple Pay reaches 2 million retail locations
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- NEBO CaseBrite for iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!