Half of readers report getting iPhone OS device, Macworld poll now open
With over 3,800 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll, “Which new iPod or iPhone did you get for the holidays?” has closed. Readers were given a choice between the iPhone 3G, iPod touch, iPod nano, iPod classic, iPod shuffle, accessories, or none at all. Amazingly, half of all respondents said they received an iPhone OS device over the holidays, with a third of readers (33%) receiving an iPod touch and the other 17% receiving an iPhone 3G. Another 17% of readers received an iPod nano, while 8% received an iPod classic, 6% received accessories but no new iPod or iPhone, and only 2% received an iPod shuffle. It appears to have been a big year for upgrades, as only 18% of readers said they didn’t receive an iPod, iPhone, or accessory. Thanks for all your responses!
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s product announcements in a post-Macworld Expo era. We’d like to know what you think Apple should do now that it has abandoned its last major trade show. Should it continue holding small press events complimented by the developer-focused WWDC, or change its formula? Our latest poll, “How should Apple announce big products now that it’s ditching Macworld Expo?” lets you answer this question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, July giveaway reminder
- Happy Independence Day from iLounge!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for giveaways
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, giveaway reminder
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Bloomberg: Apple now plans 12.9” iPad for early 2015
- More new Apple TV channels: SVT Play in Sweden, NRK in Norway
- Showtime Anytime channel comes to Apple TV
- LA Unified School District suspends iPad contract
- iTunes Festival channel returns to Apple TV
- Apple launches iPhone 5 battery replacement program
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Pac-Man Friends
- Apple removes Secret app from Brazilian App Store
- Alleged Foxconn leak reveals iPhone 6 dimensions
- Reuters: Backlight redesign disrupted iPhone 6 production
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today