HandStands offers Bullet-Proof iPod protectors | iLounge News

HandStands offers Bullet-Proof iPod protectors

imageHandstands has announced the release of its Duravú Bullet Proof iPod Shields. The shields are a thin protective sheet for the front and back of both 5G iPods and iPod nano and can be applied without the use of any soap and water solution. Duravú Bullet Proof iPod Shields are available now for $9.99.

« Samsung: Apple to feel heat in 2006

TuneBuckle lets you wear iPod nano »

Comments

Sounds like a good possible entry into the film market. I hope they’re easier to use with out dust bunnies and bubbles that power support film attracts like crazy.

Posted by Kapalua on January 9, 2006 at 5:03 PM (CST)

Something tells me they’re not really bullet-proof…

Posted by catboy17 on January 9, 2006 at 5:11 PM (CST)

How many lawsuits do you think will follow for false advertising?

Someone will actually shoot their iPod now, and try to get some cash from the company for telling them it was alright.

Posted by EricS2008 on January 9, 2006 at 5:44 PM (CST)

Better tell me how to enter the http://www.handstands.com/retail/computer/bulletproof.shtml, ‘cause I tried 3-4 times and there’s no way ! Ore maybe’s some kind of a joke ?

Posted by babanovac on January 9, 2006 at 5:51 PM (CST)

The film its self may be bullet-proof, but the the ipod will probably still get smashed.

Posted by Tom H on January 9, 2006 at 7:45 PM (CST)

I’m with catboy17, they’re just to thin

Posted by Elliot on January 9, 2006 at 7:45 PM (CST)

Why in the world would you need a bullet-proof cover for your ipod? It doesn’t make any sense to me.

Posted by GorgonesqueStare on January 9, 2006 at 8:19 PM (CST)

yep, they’re gonna get sued.

Posted by Zaki Q on January 9, 2006 at 8:31 PM (CST)

Why in the world would you need a bullet-proof cover for your ipod?

Must be a rough ‘hood that iPod lives in.

Posted by flatline response on January 9, 2006 at 8:37 PM (CST)

Hahaha. I was thinking that. But if you’re being shot at, I think your iPod would be the last thing on your mind.

Posted by GorgonesqueStare on January 9, 2006 at 9:22 PM (CST)

I do not believe they will get sued. Even if you are wearing a bulletproof vest your body will get a painful bruise when shot at but the bullet wouldn’t go through. When applied with scratches, I believe that this could prevent it from reaching your iPod. The only way they could get sued is by shooting a bullet at that sheet of plastic, if the bullet goes through, they will be in deep sh*t. I do believe it could prevent scratches though… If this product does really work people wouldn’t have to pay $20-30 for the helicopter blade protector thing (invisashield I think that is what its called)and just pay $10 for this new product.

Posted by BluZephyr on January 10, 2006 at 12:06 AM (CST)

ooohhhhhhh BluZephyr just got all formal on us!

Posted by JJMcG on January 10, 2006 at 3:27 PM (CST)

i wonder how different the bullet proof screen protectors are to the normal screen protectors

Posted by drowning in air on January 10, 2006 at 7:04 PM (CST)

Um, you all don’t REALLY believe that thin film can REALLY stop a real bullet, do you? (Well, okay, it would if you simply picked up the bullet and threw it at the film.)

For only $10?  Stop a bullet traveling in anger?  From a site selling air fresheners?  I think marketing liberties are in full swing here…

Posted by flatline response on January 10, 2006 at 7:43 PM (CST)

Who gives a crap what the name is?  Does the product offer protection for my iPod?:  Looks like it.  Do I have to put soap and water on my iPod to get the product to stick?:  Nope.  Judging from how easily my Video scratched, looks to me like this may just be the ticket.

The name Bullet-Proof Shield is a bit of poetic imagery—it connotes strength and invincibility.  But is obviously nothing more than innocent hyperbole.

Rather than arguing in cyberspace over whether the company will be sued for its prodct name, perhaps one of us should actually try one and report back. —Which I will do.

Posted by John Bonham on January 11, 2006 at 11:57 AM (CST)