Happy New Year From iLounge!
From all of us here at iLounge, Happy New Year! We’ll be on a limited publication schedule through the second as we celebrate with our families and friends.
Our editors are anxious to bid farewell to 2011, which was a very mixed year with equal portions of major highs and lows. This year saw the launch of iterative but certainly improved new iPad and iPhone models, plus some huge, iCloud-heavy updates to both iOS and iTunes. On more personal notes, an iLounge editor celebrated the birth of a new child, and our site added the major new iLounge + Mac section to spotlight great Mac hardware, accessories, and software. But the year also included the untimely passing of Apple co-founder and CEO Steve Jobs, whose loss still weighs heavily on all of our minds, as well as further declines in the company’s iPod lineup. Thankfully, there are many silver linings to point to, such as continued strong iPhone, iPad, and Mac sales, and today’s unexpected announcement of Apple Senior Vice-President Jonathan Ive’s knighthood in recognition of his contributions to design.
We are excited for 2012, which will soon bring the largest iLounge Pavilion in the history of the International Consumer Electronics Show—now roughly half of an entire convention center hall in total space, devoted to iPad, iPhone, iPod, and Mac products—and of course many new product releases from Apple and its third-party developers. This should be a great year, and we can’t wait to share it with all of you!
Feel free to browse through our archives throughout the weekend, and be sure to join us for our upcoming live coverage of the 2012 International CES. Have a great New Year!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Walgreens adds digital coupons to Apple Pay
- China orders Apple and others to monitor, report on app users
- South Korea regulators investigating Apple
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 26
- Apple’s UK tax bill under scrutiny
- Apple lays out ‘differential privacy’ plan for data collection
- Report: New iPhone’s space gray to be ‘much darker color’
- Incipio to acquire Skullcandy
- Apple confirms iOS 10 kernel was left open to improve performance
- Apple leaves iOS 10 kernel open to scrutiny
- Philips Hue White Ambience Starter Kit
- Naim Audio Mu-so Qb Speaker
- Phiaton BT 460 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- Zagg Slim Book for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Element Case Ronin for iPhone 6/6s
- JBL Clip 2 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- Audio-Technica ATH-SR5BT Wireless On-Ear Headphones
- Catalyst Case for iPad mini 4
- Jaybird Freedom Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- Zagg Flex Arc Wireless Earbuds + Speakers
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app