Happy New Year From iLounge!
From all of us here at iLounge, Happy New Year! We’ll be on a limited publication schedule through the second as we celebrate with our families and friends.
Our editors are anxious to bid farewell to 2011, which was a very mixed year with equal portions of major highs and lows. This year saw the launch of iterative but certainly improved new iPad and iPhone models, plus some huge, iCloud-heavy updates to both iOS and iTunes. On more personal notes, an iLounge editor celebrated the birth of a new child, and our site added the major new iLounge + Mac section to spotlight great Mac hardware, accessories, and software. But the year also included the untimely passing of Apple co-founder and CEO Steve Jobs, whose loss still weighs heavily on all of our minds, as well as further declines in the company’s iPod lineup. Thankfully, there are many silver linings to point to, such as continued strong iPhone, iPad, and Mac sales, and today’s unexpected announcement of Apple Senior Vice-President Jonathan Ive’s knighthood in recognition of his contributions to design.
We are excited for 2012, which will soon bring the largest iLounge Pavilion in the history of the International Consumer Electronics Show—now roughly half of an entire convention center hall in total space, devoted to iPad, iPhone, iPod, and Mac products—and of course many new product releases from Apple and its third-party developers. This should be a great year, and we can’t wait to share it with all of you!
Feel free to browse through our archives throughout the weekend, and be sure to join us for our upcoming live coverage of the 2012 International CES. Have a great New Year!
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?