Happy New Year From iLounge!
From all of us here at iLounge, Happy New Year! We’ll be on a limited publication schedule through the second as we celebrate with our families and friends.
Our editors are anxious to bid farewell to 2011, which was a very mixed year with equal portions of major highs and lows. This year saw the launch of iterative but certainly improved new iPad and iPhone models, plus some huge, iCloud-heavy updates to both iOS and iTunes. On more personal notes, an iLounge editor celebrated the birth of a new child, and our site added the major new iLounge + Mac section to spotlight great Mac hardware, accessories, and software. But the year also included the untimely passing of Apple co-founder and CEO Steve Jobs, whose loss still weighs heavily on all of our minds, as well as further declines in the company’s iPod lineup. Thankfully, there are many silver linings to point to, such as continued strong iPhone, iPad, and Mac sales, and today’s unexpected announcement of Apple Senior Vice-President Jonathan Ive’s knighthood in recognition of his contributions to design.
We are excited for 2012, which will soon bring the largest iLounge Pavilion in the history of the International Consumer Electronics Show—now roughly half of an entire convention center hall in total space, devoted to iPad, iPhone, iPod, and Mac products—and of course many new product releases from Apple and its third-party developers. This should be a great year, and we can’t wait to share it with all of you!
Feel free to browse through our archives throughout the weekend, and be sure to join us for our upcoming live coverage of the 2012 International CES. Have a great New Year!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Apple adds Accessibility section to its online store
- LAPD hacked into iPhone 5s for murder investigation
- More details emerge on Apple Music overhaul
- iPhone tops Time’s list of most influential gadgets
- Kohl’s integrates rewards system with Apple Pay
- Apple hires ex-Nest exec to aid in health initiatives
- Apple loses exclusive ‘iPhone’ trademark in China
- Apple to reveal ‘sweeping changes’ to Apple Music interface at WWDC
- Apple releases fourth developer betas for iOS 9.3.2, tvOS 9.2.1
- Bowers & Wilkins acquired by EVA Automation
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt with HomeKit support
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini 4
- Brydge BrydgeMini II Keyboard for iPad mini 4
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)