Harman and JBL debut Flip, SoundSticks Wireless, soundbars
JBL and Harman Kardon have announced seven new speakers for the iPod, iPhone and iPad, ranging from updates of classic models to brand new designs. JBL’s Flip ($100) is a Bluetooth-compatible portable speaker that can be used horizontally or vertically, including a built-in microphone for Bluetooth calls. Built for placement near a television, the Cinema SB 200 ($300) is a Bluetooth-equipped, 120-watt soundbar with two woofers, two tweeters, an amplifier and a built-in subwoofer, designed be compatible with JBL-designed apps.
Also introduced were the latest version of Harman Kardon’s SoundSticks, the Bluetooth-streaming SoundSticks Wireless ($230); two other portable speakers, the Bluetooth-enabled JBL Micro Wireless ($60) and the hockey puck-sized, non-Bluetooth Micro II ($40); and two other Cinema Soundbars, the non-Bluetooth SB 100 ($200) and the SB 400 ($550), the latter of which is a Bluetooth-enabled soundbar designed for HDTVs 46 inches and larger, packed with a separate 200-watt wireless subwoofer. All products are set for a fall release.
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- Typo fined $860,000 for violating BlackBerry injunction
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?